• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2008 AR230 Yamaha cover

p357mag

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I’m still new here but have found SOOO much information that I wanted to share what I found. I bought a 2008 AR230 HO it didn’t come with a cover and living in Atlanta metro I needed one badly, long story short I found a factory cover at leaders RPM for $597.00 and free shipping. I ordered it on Wednesday morning and it was on my boat Friday night.
I looked around to try to find a really great deal and settled for a pretty good one. Yamaha Marine New OEM Sport Boat Tower Mooring Cover AR230, MAR-230TW-CH-18
Hope it helps
Dan

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That’s very quick. I paid about $570 shipped for the last one I bought from Yamaha Sports Plaza but they take an eternity to ship. I think they order everything from the factory and then reship instead of drop shipping. This makes everything take like 10-14 days.

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those are great prices. Mine was a little more.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They last me about 4 years in Texas sun outdoors 24/7/365. Not bad for the price.

The Lidz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I’m still new here but have found SOOO much information that I wanted to share what I found. I bought a 2008 AR230 HO it didn’t come with a cover and living in Atlanta metro I needed one badly, long story short I found a factory cover at leaders RPM for $597.00 and free shipping. I ordered it on Wednesday morning and it was on my boat Friday night.
I looked around to try to find a really great deal and settled for a pretty good one. Yamaha Marine New OEM Sport Boat Tower Mooring Cover AR230, MAR-230TW-CH-18
Hope it helps
Dan
I bought the same cover except I have a 2007. It just came today. How do you ratchet down the cover while the boat is on the dock. The ratchet system is at the back of the boat.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought the same cover except I have a 2007. It just came today. How do you ratchet down the cover while the boat is on the dock. The ratchet system is at the back of the boat.
Spin the boat around & Back it in. I have to back into our slip to get the cover on every time.

The Lidz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for replying. I'm a rookie and have to learn how to back into the slip. Still working on pulling in forward.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for replying. I'm a rookie and have to learn how to back into the slip. Still working on pulling in forward.
Al I can say is take you time. I don't get lined up perfect every time but getting better at it.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Start at the bow and work your way aft. Connecting the ratchet strap quick connects around the tower as you work your way aft. My factory cover has two "ratchets", both at the starboard corner at the stern. I usually leave the outboard from dock ratchet tight and just release/tighten the inboard to dock ratchet. You can tighten that one from the dock after you have secured the other one. You can walk on the cover, when loose if you need to, just be careful or fold up the inboard corner as you work on the other. Practice, you will work it out. Eventually we went with snap on bow and cockpit covers.

20190309_070142.jpg

Last edited:

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That’s very quick. I paid about $570 shipped for the last one I bought from Yamaha Sports Plaza but they take an eternity to ship. I think they order everything from the factory and then reship instead of drop shipping. This makes everything take like 10-14 days.
This seems like a good place to update. I hate this cover by the way. It’s been disintegrating all over my boat since last season. I am getting gray powdery crap all over the place and it’s driving me crazy. It hasn’t ripped or torn yet but I don’t tow with it on.

The stock Yamaha cover is absolute garbage. It’s nowhere near the thickness of the black one they make for the newer boats. As soon as I opened it from the box brand new I knew it would suck due to the thinness.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We bought a new cover after we bought the boat but I have a hard time using it when the old cover is still functioning. The gray dust that comes off of it just blows away as we're cruising. I'm just glad that they don't cost what our pontoon cover did when we had to replace it. Over $2300 for the cover and bimini sock, luckily it was an insurance claim due to severe weather and we only had the deductible to pay.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I wipe all of my vinyl down before and after every outing with 303 so the powdery crap gets stuck everywhere. It drives me crazy to see this gray stuff everywhere on my otherwise pristine white seats. It also gets on my speakers and dash and every nook and cranny.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wipe all of my vinyl down before and after every outing with 303 so the powdery crap gets stuck everywhere. It drives me crazy to see this gray stuff everywhere on my otherwise pristine white seats. It also gets on my speakers and dash and every nook and cranny.
I hear ya. The wife handles cleaning and wiping the interior with the same 303 and never says a word, but we also boat in a muddy river that leaves dirt spots all over so we know it's going to get dirty either way. We just do the best we can and If it doesn't bother her it doesn't bother me I guess.