• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2009 AR230 basic surf setup

MonctonR1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So kids getting up and killing it on the wakeboards but they’re seeing all the surfing going on and want in. Can this be done without investing a ton of cash... given the fact their tint 65-90lbs I don’t think they’ll need a massive wake.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you can do it on the cheap, especially if they're that small,

any board will work, I started with a liquid force fish,
any weight you can put on the back deck will be a benefit, look on craigs list for a used fat sac,
drive in a large circle on the surf side to help clean up the wake,

Have fun, it's easy !

MonctonR1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No real need for a wedge?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you said without investing a ton of cash,

for small kids to have fun, you don't need any type of device to clean the wake, you just have to drive in a large circle to clean it up,

MonctonR1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, guess my question should have been will the Wedge make a significant difference for me to look at investing?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
eventually yes, right now I would tell you buy a ballast bag or two and an inexpensive board and go have fun, going in a circle will clean up the wake nicely, you just have to go in a very large circle, If you're on a river that may be an issue,

if you even think you'll stick with it, buy the gantlin rear deck fat sac (21' version) so you'll be buying future stuff you need, if you buy a standard "tube" fat sac you may be replacing it with the swimdeck style bag later,