• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2010 MFI Trailer Hub Torque

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Broke a lug nut stud earlier this summer and finally getting around to changing the hub; it was way overdue. Anyway, popped the bearing buddy off, pulled the cotter pin and the spindle jam nut was only finger tight...is this normal? Anybody know the torque specifications?

By the way, the MFI website that used to have the diagrams and part numbers for the axles no longer works:
http://www.ufpnet.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm by no means an expert here. So I don't know if there's an exact torque on that. However, I've always tightened down firmly until things are snug and almost don't turn, then backed it off slightly from there. Probably about a quarter turn. Good luck, I'm sure somebody will have an exact something or other for you. ;)

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I'm by no means an expert here. So I don't know if there's an exact torque on that. However, I've always tightened down firmly until things are snug and almost don't turn, then backed it off slightly from there. Probably about a quarter turn. Good luck, I'm sure somebody will have an exact something or other for you. ;)
Thanks. I watched a couple of youtube videos today and that's pretty much what I saw. Found a FAQ section on etrailer.com and one of the replies was finger tight and use a pair of channel locks to line up the cotter pin. That's what I ended up doing and got both my rear axle hubs changed out today.