• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2011 242 Limited S TOWER For Sale

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi! Selling my original tower off my 2011 242 Limited S. Replaced it with a foldable tower from a 2014 due to the fact it will be on a dry rack next season.
Has the white light mod on top of tow point.
Also, water had gotten into one of the rungs and expanded it a bit 3 years ago. No one notices it unless it’s pointed out. Tower structurally fine, crossed the bad waters to Bimini this year with no issue. I have the framework for the Bimini top attached still, and have the bimini top, however the back seam tore out of it last year. Probably a 10 minute fix for someone with a sewing machine.
It’s apart in 3 pieces now. $600 BB750250-AF13-4688-9CA0-1F24BFC146C2.jpegBB750250-AF13-4688-9CA0-1F24BFC146C2.jpeg 8F17B453-AF00-41B8-B9DB-7EB497DA2480.jpeg024C64C9-249D-47A1-BAEE-D5A79BD42F6E.jpeg 73927B31-5336-4466-8C17-ED2B1EA5D7A0.jpeg

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
aaa so temping...... @swatski do you know if the 2012 SX240 will have the reinforcements to support the tower?

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
aaa so temping...... @swatski do you know if the 2012 SX240 will have the reinforcements to support the tower?
It’s drilled directly into the fiberglass with metal plates on the inside backing it. I have all that hardware if you want it!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All hulls are exactly the same within a Model Year.

I am SHOCKED this tower is still for sale!!!! Someone grab it, or I will, and I don't even need it!!!!!!
Those are IMPOSSIBLE to find (used). And yeah, check the list pricing on the new...

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
dont jinx it @swatski .... I am waiting for claire to get out the shower so I can ask for permision to spend $600 on the tower and $600 on fuel to go get in PA.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And as far as the defect - one of the bottom cross members is buckled (I think you can even see it in one of the pictures) - this is a known defect. It would not deter me from purchasing this one for a second. Re-welding those can be tricky but I have never heard of anyone of those completely fail, most owners with this issue just drill a "draining" hole at the bottom and forget about it.

This could be Yamaha's best tower, before the giant 2015+ Xs.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And as far as the defect - one of the bottom cross members is buckled (I think you can even see it in one of the pictures) - this is a known defect. It would not deter me from purchasing this one for a second. Re-welding those can be tricky but I have never heard of anyone of those completely fail, most owners with this issue just drill a "draining" hole at the bottom and forget about it.

This could be Yamaha's best tower, before the giant 2015+ Xs.

even it it were to fail, it will fall on the windshield not on my head, so I am okay with it. LOL

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WFT. I canot hear @swatski winning.
I will get it. Will send you a PM
Oh, I planned on selling it to you anyway.
For a significantly higher price.

--

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will someone just buy this damn tower hahaha

Yes the bottom cross member is buckled a bit. It happened over one very cold winter, it’s been like that at least 2 years now. Had no issues with it since then but I definitely recommend just drilling holes in it and you’ll have no other issues. I think if it survived the Bimini crossing it will survive anything you throw at it haha.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will someone just buy this damn tower hahaha

Yes the bottom cross member is buckled a bit. It happened over one very cold winter, it’s been like that at least 2 years now. Had no issues with it since then but I definitely recommend just drilling holes in it and you’ll have no other issues. I think if it survived the Bimini crossing it will survive anything you throw at it haha.
check your PM. I am buying LOL.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where did you find a new tower? Is it a OEM or a after market. Been looking to put one on my SX240.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where did you find a new tower? Is it a OEM or a after market. Been looking to put one on my SX240.
A used one - it's a unicorn that's for sure.

Sounds like @Betik has got this one. The only way to stop him would be to call his mother, and negotiate. Tell the lady the boat would look really stupid with a tower or something like that. When he was buying a truck, we called his mother several times and he switched trucks 3 or 4 times. It was fun.

--

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Sounds like @Betik has got this one. The only way to stop him would be to call his mother, and negotiate. Tell the lady the boat would look really stupid with a tower or something like that. When he was buying a truck, we called his mother several times and he switched trucks 3 or 4 times. It was fun.

--
I want the 2014 and up one like yours.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

--
I will probably intercept that call as still on my mom's ground floor. The best chance of stopping is to tell her that I am planing to pick it up myself on my Toyota Prius.

2 trucks ( 4 vehicles that it was) July on July 28th I had a 2014 Honda Oddysey, then a Tundra crewmax, then a Honda Pilot, then November 8th I got an F150. I still have the F150 though. LOL

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length