• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 Challenger 210 SE

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats!! I love my Yamaha but I think SeaDoo takes the cake from a exterior styling stand point. Love the lines on the challengers.

Ron and Renee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Ok guys need a little help. First of all we did get the boat and no she doesn't do 60. I had her to 57 with just myself and 1/4 tank of fuel. After we got her home I had thought maybe I had been screwed as I didn't see any supercharger info on the motors or the boat, and I didn't see any big shiny inter-coolers. Thought for a min I had bought a 310hp boat. After talking to the dealer he assured me it was a 430hp boat and it wouldn't be running in the 50's if it wasn't. Anyway we have been happy with the boat and have put 22 hours on her. Then today we were out and all of the sudden it acted like we picked up something in our pump on the starboard engine. It started shaking and cavitating real bad. we went back to our lift and found nothing in the intake. Restarted both motors and she ran fine. Boated most of the day and beached for a while, had to do a hard pull in reverse to get her off the beach and when we started forward it stated doing the same as before. I shut down both motors and stared one at a time to see which one was giving me problems they both ran great individually. Then shut both down again and restarted, all was good and ran great. Anyone know what is going on with this?? Thanks

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Happened to me twice today as well. I'd bet as soon as you let off the throttle, whatever was there fell out. That's all I had to do.

Ron and Renee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Weird though the first time it was in open water and can't imagine what could have gotten in there.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Weird though the first time it was in open water and can't imagine what could have gotten in there.
It could have been something tiny. Even a small stick, toothpick, etc.

Ron and Renee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Took the boat out again today. It was fine all day until just before we went in. Once again wide open water and bad vibration this time on the port side motor. I tried everything to clear it but in higher RPM vibration was really bad. Weird thing even though the two engines were synced the one that was vibrating would run over 8000 RPM while the other was only running 6000 RPM. Any thoughts? Thanks Ron

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the boat out again today. It was fine all day until just before we went in. Once again wide open water and bad vibration this time on the port side motor. I tried everything to clear it but in higher RPM vibration was really bad. Weird thing even though the two engines were synced the one that was vibrating would run over 8000 RPM while the other was only running 6000 RPM. Any thoughts? Thanks Ron
Sounds like your port side pump is cavitating, pushing air instead of water, if that happens it will rev up all the way until it hits rev limiter. You do not want to let it happen too much as it will cause severe damage to metal surfaces of impeller and such (aka cavitation/ventilation burn).
It is very annoying, but happens all the time in jet boats, as pointed out by others - it can be a very small debris particle, or fishing line, etc.

BryanW

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Nice boat! I love mine, I've had some cavitation issues, but not to your extent. I had a twig about the 1/4 of the size of a drinking straw all but stop my 2010 GTX 155, once I pulled it, bam back to 60+ MPH. Water is moving in so fast any disruption = cavitation. BTW the 310 Hp version goes about 48-49 on a good day so high 50's is definitely supercharged.

Hoss Coog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Beautiful boat. Bummed that Sea Doo got out of the boat business. Been thinking of getting a Challenger SE too.