• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 VX110 Deluxe Oil Change

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I have changed the oil on my 1.8L engines over half a dozen times. . . . this year was my first time changing the oil on my VX110.

I was able to get about 3.2L of oil out of her. . . . with a vacuum pump, through the oil fill hole.

After getting 2.2L out of the main fill, I noticed there was some kind of plate at the bottom of the oil fill with several holes in it.

When I got the suction tube down into there I was able to get another Liter out.

My Question is, is there a better way to drain the oil on these models?

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, not with the motor in the ski.

If the motor is out of the ski, there is a 13mm bolt under the oil pump housing that will completely drain the oil pan.

-Greg