• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited S Loaded!

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2011 Yamaha 242 Limited S, 160hrs, Greenville SC
Loaded, Like new, with Trailer...$42500 OBO

For sale is my 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited S. This is an extremely well maintained, option packed, highly upgraded, fast yet agile jet boat that is fun and easy to drive, and ready for anything you throw its way. This 24ft boat can easily hold 10-12 people with several adjustable seating options, and is powered by two 1.8L 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, 16-valve High Output Yamaha Marine engines, each with 180hp (total 360hp) with only 160 total hours. Easily gets up on plane in only a few seconds and has a max speed of about 50mph. The fuel tank is 50gal which provides a range of 100-150mi, with greatest fuel efficiency at around 35mph, and easily provides an entire weekend of fun on the water without needing to refuel.

This boat is perfect for a day of watersports due to its forward leaning tower, rear tow hook, low draft, and lack of an exposed prop for safety, as well as a day on the sandbar with its booming stereo, and its award winning transom platform with rear facing seats, low entry point, and full radio controls.

I have replaced and repaired all worn components including brand new reverse cables (~$300), brand new steering cables (~350$), brand new boat cover (2017)(~$800), new bimini top piping and cover (2017) (~$500), brand new bimini boot (2018) (~$150), all new deck hatch latches (~$100), and complete custom boat reupholstery of every seat and cushion (2018) (~$5500).

Features and accessories on this boat include the following:
-Aluminum Watersports tower with raised tow point, tower speakers, built in tweeters, and tower lighting
-Table and grill with mount
-Transom shower with extended hose
-Front and rear filler cushions
-6 bumpers with bumper ropes
-4 15’ dock ropes
-8 Life jackets
-Custom Faux Teak “seadek” on transom, walkthrough, and front
-Main anchor with 100ft of rope, as well as second anchor with 50ft of rope
-Battery charger, Battery converter
-Dual hose with splitter control valve for engine flushing
-Snap in/out carpet
-15 Stainless Steel Cupholders
-6 pop up cleats
-Captains seat with bolster
-Adjustable passenger seat (bench or forward facing)

Electronics Upgrades: I have completely overhauled the stereo, replacing all of the stock speakers, head unit and remote controller, cutting holes and adding two additional speakers to the center of the boat, adding tower speakers, two powerful amplifiers, a 12” subwoofer in a box under the font seat, and two 10” subwoofers mounted in the bench in the main cabin. This was professionally installed and tuned and can be heard loud and clear from several hundred feet away. I have also added two Deep Cycle batteries in parallel to power the house electronics, and tied the two original batteries in parallel to power the engine. Doing this provides plenty of power for a weekend on the water, never having to worry that the batteries will die on you. A full day on the water, running a total of 50mi, playing music for 8 hours, only drains about 25% of the house batteries, and about 15% of the engine batteries.
-Aquatic AV head unit with Bluetooth
-Aquatic AV transom remote
-8X Kenwood 6.5” two way speakers in deck
-4X Kicker 8” two way speakers in tower pods
-2X JL Tweeters flush mounted in tower
-12” Pioneer subwoofer in box under front seat
-2X 10” Rockville Subwoofers mounted in rear seat with Blue LED Covers
-2X 1500W Rockville 8 channel amplifier
-Four total batteries, two for engine, two for house, each pair mounted in parallel
-Yamaha patented no wake mode toggle switches
-Garmin GPS/Depth/Fish finder combo
-VHF Radio

Lighting: The boat comes stock with docking lights, tower lights, courtesy lights, and front and rear nav light. I have upgraded the courtesy lights to a custom Blue LED light setup that will be perfect for night cruising. There are 12 lights throughout the boat that provide an awesome blue glow, as well as Blue LEDs for the two rear subwoofers that light to the beat of the music.
-Complete custom Blue LED lighting throughout boat mounted to switch on dash
-4 Blue LEDs in front half of boat
-4 Blue LEDs in middle of boat
-4 Blue LEDS mounted behind transom seats
-New bulbs for dock lights
-6 Bright white tower lights
-Navigation Lights

Trailer: The trailer is in fantastic condition, with new guide poles and tie downs. The tires were replaced in mid 2017.
-2011 24ft trailer with fold away tongue
-60” Guide poles
-Brand new transom tie down straps
-Trailer ball hitch lock

Cosmetic: There are a few minor scratches around the boat from normal wear and tear. No major hull or fiberglass damage.
-All seats are brand new as of April 2018, in perfect condition
-Few scratches on side of boat due to docking
-Some gel coat has been worn away on bottom of boat due to beaching on sandbar
-No major gel coat chipping or any other minor/major fiberglass/hull damage

This is truly a one of a kind boat. I have put countless of hours of work and roughly $15000 into upgrading and updating everything. Why pay double the price for a brand new boat, when you can get this one, with such low hours, with twice as many options and upgrades. I am sad to let it go, but I am moving at the end of the summer and looking to upgrade to a larger center console. NADA boat average retail price is ~ 36k without options. With everything I have done to it, I am into it for about $50K. I am asking $42500, which is a steal for this boat. I have seen many similar boats listed with more hours, completely stock, listed between $38k and $42k. Get the boat of your dreams, make everyone jealous, avoid having to do all the work I have already done, and enjoy a boat that will last you many years and provide countless memories on the water.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions that you may have. I DO NOT have to sell this boat immediately as I am not moving until later this year and am willing to wait for the right buyer. $250 cash reward to whoever brings me a legit buyer. Make me an offer.

3-2.jpg4.jpg2.PNG3.PNG5.jpg6.jpg1.jpg6-1.jpg6-4.PNG6-3.jpg8.jpg8-2.jpg6-2.jpg6-5.jpg8-1.jpg8-3.jpg11.jpg7.jpg20180326_181426.jpg20180326_181319.jpg20180326_181224.jpg20180326_181218.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well done! Great looking 242! GLWS!