• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2012-2014 Yamaha 212X Tower Height On Trailer Video

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

Here is another video demonstrating the minimum height requirement for storing a 2012-2014 Yamaha 212X inside a garage or enclosure.

We hope that this video is helpful to you.

Nice video and I am sure it will be helpful to 212x owners.

Great info Will.

Any chance you have an 07-09 sx/ar 230 you can measure? If all you have is ar230 can you add an extra measurement from the top of the winshield at the 3 levels?

Thanks! This is very valuable info as most things are on this site.

Mike

We don't have one currently but when we can get our hands on one we will likely shoot it as well.

Thanks for the compliments!

@96Pirate

My 08 Ar230 with tower needs a 12' door, without tower needs a 8' door to be backed into the garage but I made it go into a 7' door. :eek:

garage3.jpg

My '08 232 Limited easily fits under my 8 foot door

@96Pirate

My 08 Ar230 with tower needs a 12' door, without tower needs a 8' door to be backed into the garage but I made it go into a 7' door. :eek:

View attachment 4472
So, I know I am being a bit paranoid about this but I really need to know whether an 07-09 SX230 or AR230 w/o tower will fit thru my 7'1" door and if so with how much effort. (ie. drop hitch, caster, remove wheels, etc) My goal is to still purchase one but I want to fit in the garage for daily storage. Modifying the garage is not an option at this point as it would be too costly. Last thing I want to do is purchase one and find out it will not fit. What Will did in his video's is exactly what I was looking for. I have a slight decline away from the garage that could only benefit me as well.

Thanks everyone!
Mike

I would say that for daily or weekly use the 7'1" opening will not be practical. The only way I can see that happening is to take the wheels and tires off. Too much work in my opinion.

My '08 232 Limited sits about 7' 8". I keep it in a 8' high door. My boat is on a galvanized EZ Loader trailer

@96Pirate Will is correct. I only do this for the winter. I have to take my tower off which makes my boat a couple of inches taller than a standard SX230, and drop the front down onto casters. then to get it into the garage the first time I deflated all of the tires. This is not good on the tires but was the only way I could get it in at the time. I also have a slight decline and it helped to my advantage. This time I have the trailer tires off and the leaf springs sitting on casters giving me plenty of room ( an inch ) to get the boat out. This would not be practical for everyday use but it is doable in a couple of hours. good luck whatever you decide.

20140413_135938.jpg

20140413_140026.jpg

@jcyamaharider Do you think it can be done using the caster method? I know the tower support rails stick up above the windshield on your boat. If those were not there could you get it in your garage without removing the wheels? If I could get away with using the caster method, mount a winch to the floor and drag her back, I would be fine. But I agree removing the wheels after each outing would not be practical.

@Zarrella Thanks John. Do you know what height the tongue was at with your 7'8" measurement?

Thanks

I'll have to measure it tomorrow and get back to u

Thanks for the info guys as heartbreaking as it is. I was really hoping to store it locally. I really would prefer that model so now I am looking into offsite storage or possibly even valet service.

As always, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

FYI I pulled mine out of the garage this past weekend and here is my clearance

20140425_165007.jpg

20140425_165311.jpg

Yep that is on the casters coming out.

You would never know it now though. :D

20140425_192410.jpg

Back