• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 Yamaha 242 Limited S and Sunstream V- Lift going to be for sale

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm going to be selling my 2012 Yamaha 242 Limited S pretty soon. I figure I would list it here first. Im located in NJ. The boat is shrink wrapped currently should have some pics by the end of the week. Has about 100 hours I don't know exact amount. Im moving on to a Tritoon that's the reason for selling. The lift is also for sale. I love that lift but its really not capable for a pontoon so that will be for sale. No major upgrades pretty much stock, never any major issues. Only small issue is the shower doesn't work. Got it fixed twice keeps breaking haven't had them fix it this year. Has been dealer maintained at beginning and end of every season by Toms River Motorsports Yamaha dealer.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I tried to write you not sure it worked...I'm terrible with computers.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another curious person here behind @Julian of course. Always thought it was a cool lift but heard they discontinued the product from someone who just put in a lift. Concern is parts and of course what prompted them to discontinue.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah...I was trying to figure out why they discontinued it too....the guy down the dock from me has one, and it was being repaired the other day...I should have talked to the repair guy while he was there...

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No idea didn’t even know it was discontinued a friend of mine just got a quote for a new one 11,200 so maybe they still have some stock? He wants to low ball me haha.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I found out some info about the lift being discontinued that you guys were asking. At first my dealer didn’t even know that cause he’s still has lifts and been getting parts no problem. I was just with him today because I sold my for full price 7,000 so I told the buyer I’d install new batteries for me if he paid me asking price. Anyway, the dealer spoke to Sunstream and they did stop production of this exact lift, but it’s not fully discontinued they are launching a total redesign soon. Other companies most notabley hydrohoist have copied their design and made some improvements. Sunstream is going to change and upgrade their design in the future. You will still be able to get parts for the original designs no problem he said. Just figured I let you guys know. I’ve now sold my boat and lift but I’ll still stop by the forum you guys are very knowledgeable and I thank you.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations on the sales. Look toward to your reports on the new tritoon experience vs Yamaha jetboat.

Kevin1741

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What make and model tritoon and engine you going for? I did the same last year. No regrets!

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bennington 2550. 200 HP Yamaha. It has the sport tritoon package. This is all new to me didn’t know there was so many options with the different pontoons. And the msrp gets up there quick with the better ones. I kinda wanted a 250HP but the only ones my place was getting were all big money. I hope 200hp will be enough I don’t need speed I Cruise around 30-35 now so I think I’m good there just worried about tubing and having a full boat.

Kevin1741

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I picked up a bennington r25 with the esp package and 250hp and it is awesome. You will be fine with cruising with the 200 and tubing, skiing and wakeboarding will be no problem with your setup even loaded up with people. Post up a pic of your new boat when you get it!

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome. I supposed to get it Friday.