• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed (Delete)2013 242 Limited S (in storage)

dbrock34

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No longer for sale. We will possibly relist in spring of 2019. ATTACH=full]80930

Last edited:

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully this helps.

My wife wanted a pool. We got a pool. Fast forward about 10 years. Bought the 240. Wife says this is so much more fun than a pool. We should have never gotten a pool and bought this boat way back when instead.

In the past 5 years neither of us has been in the pool aside from cleaning and maintenance. Tore it down this summer and graded the yard back to its former self.

It was nice when the kids were younger though. Youngest is now 24.

Good luck with your sale!

-Mark

Brandy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
You probably live somewhere with a nicer lake.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Since we're sharing. Can I give the opposite experience? Since we put the pool in this summer, we have not been on the boat once and we had an above ground pool before so it's not exactly completely new. I would estimate that I have been in the pool more so far this year in the six weeks it's been completed than the first 4 years combined on the boat.

So do you want to know what I think? Keep the boat and get the pool. You know what's better than cleaning the boat after a day on the water? Getting in a pool when you get home. :D

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Let me complicate things further; you can always sell the boat and recoup the money. You can't sell the pool, you're stuck with it. :D

dbrock34

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've used that reasoning also. Have to be careful what I say. My wife is Brandy up above. The new member.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am bored when at the pool, something about sitting on a boat or island IMO is 100x better then sitting at a pool. It could be because I feel there is something to do around the house and that should get done.

When I am on the lake I cant do anything but enjoy the time since I cant walk inside and see projects.

I am 35min from closest lake and while large and nice (lake lanier) idk that I'd call it a nicer lake, use what is available though.

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the scuff in the graphic only? I am not to concerned about the cracked seat. I see that the carpeting is out, does it come with the boat? I see it has the shipping cover. By the looks of it there is no mooring covers. Are there any other upgrades I am missing besides the subwoofer and thrust vectors?

dbrock34

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is the scuff in the graphic only? I am not to concerned about the cracked seat. I see that the carpeting is out, does it come with the boat? I see it has the shipping cover. By the looks of it there is no mooring covers. Are there any other upgrades I am missing besides the subwoofer and thrust vectors?
All good questions. I'm 99% sure it's just a scuff in the graphic. We just brushed up against a dock. Fiberglass is still smooth. Carpeting does come with the boat....it's stored in the basement because it's more trouble to clean it after each use. One snap popped out of floor(on the fuel tank cover)while out on the lake a couple weeks ago. I can reinstall it. That is actually the deluxe mooring cover that is on it. I also have the white shipping cover. The amp is another upgrade as well as I installed soundproofing on the engine hatch that I forgot about. The soundproofing is on engine hatch, fuel tank cover and in some of the voids under the helm and seat compartments. I think it made a huge difference. The 242 LS pretty much comes with everything from the start. After seeing the 2019 reveal the only things missing from 2013 are the redesigned nozzles, keel and hinged seats.

Ryan Vogels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PM sent

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Dbrock, @Brandy. Just curious. I know you guys usually go to Raccoon lake, what is the dislike? Why not spend more time at Monroe? Much bigger and cleaner and only about an hour away.
Good luck with the sale.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One last bump
Does this mean that you will keep the boat if no one responds? :)

I put in a pool earlier this year. Yes we definitely went on the boat less for the first 6 months and I even thought of selling the boat. Now it's starting to even out and I'm glad I didn't sell. Saturdays on the boat and Sundays in the pool. The pool is great, but it's like you are still plugged into the world. The boat is just about the only place that I can really relax. If possible, keep it and you'll have the best of both worlds.

dbrock34

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Dbrock, @Brandy. Just curious. I know you guys usually go to Raccoon lake, what is the dislike? Why not spend more time at Monroe? Much bigger and cleaner and only about an hour away.
Good luck with the sale.
Come to think of it @scot71, I've not seen you at Raccoon all summer. Are you going all the way to Monroe? We are spoiled on only driving 20 minutes to get home after a long day on the water. It's about a 1+15 drive to Monroe, my sister and brother in law have a lake house and dock their boat on Raccoon, and most of our friends hang out at Raccoon so we'd be by ourselves there. The times we have gone there I couldn't find a good spot for watersports. It seemed there were many bigger boats there and the water was rougher. We actually said at the beginning of the summer we were going to try to get down there more often but we didn't even make it once.

Does this mean that you will keep the boat if no one responds? :)

I put in a pool earlier this year. Yes we definitely went on the boat less for the first 6 months and I even thought of selling the boat. Now it's starting to even out and I'm glad I didn't sell. Saturdays on the boat and Sundays in the pool. The pool is great, but it's like you are still plugged into the world. The boat is just about the only place that I can really relax. If possible, keep it and you'll have the best of both worlds.
I figure it's getting too late in the year to find a buyer willing to pay my asking price so I'll be putting in storage soon and possibly relisting in the spring when there is more demand.
Lake on Saturday and the in law's pool on Sunday has been our routine for many years. I would love to keep the boat AND put in a pool but I've not had any luck finding that money tree yet. We will most likely look for a 2008 AR230 or 212x to save some money on boat payments so we can do the pool.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We've probably only made it out there 4 or 5 times this year @dbrock34. We did make it down to Monroe once. For some reason this summer we just haven't made it out nearly as often as I would have liked to. Next summer the boats gonna have to sink to keep me off the water. LOL!

dbrock34

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bump. This fall weather now has me in the mood to sell since the boat will be sitting in storage for the next seven months.

J_Zinck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
DBrock34, interested in selling now? If so can you send me the information on it and price.