• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 AR190 -> 2018 195 OEM Marine Mat conversion

Coffeecan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So our new to us 2013 AR 190's Hydroturf was getting thread bare and was shedding black debris all over the place. Did a bunch of research looking at JBP vs SBT Blacktip Elite mat kits, but didn't want to wait til September for the JBP group buy because our transom was in sad shape for the season. Ultimately found the best deal through Yamaha Parts House (Babbit’s). A full set of 2018 pads was about $240 (https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/59b6a54687a8661154940443/graphics-mats Item 13). Given how much discussion I have seen on Sea Dek vs Hydroturf vs SBT product I had not found a post on putting OEM 192/195 mats on a 190. These are Marine Mat pads comparable to Sea Dek. Removing the old Hydroturf was a bear and took the bulk of the time. instal for the mats was just as you would expect peel and stick. Check out the pics below, and I hope this helps some of you going through this decision.

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice job!

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Great job.. replaced the lower set winter after I bought the boat as one of cats used it to sharpen their claws. Just ordered the higher deck replacement pads as the stupid cat did it again...

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks great!

I like the one-piece upper transom mat versus the two-piece seadek transom mats (which JBP told me they cannot combine).

Does anyone know how well the color on this kit matches the seadek kit? Is it basically the same material or is it more rugged to protect against ski/wakeboard fins?

Coffeecan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Since it’s the OEM kit it will match JBP kits. Per the JBP website, “Smoke Gray Over Black is OEM Color Match for 2017 & Newer 195 Models. Storm Gray Over Black is OEM Color Match for 2015-2016 192/195 Models.” since I got the 2018 set, the smoke gray set should match. I plan on doing the JBP group buy this fall. Feels just like the Sea Dek samples I felt in the dealership. Hopefully I can keep our 70lb Shepherd mix from tearing it Up.

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The kit from JBP is an exact match to the color and finish of the OEM kit.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Nice write up and great job on the install!

akatrauma

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Coffeecan, how well does it stick to the lower step? It looks like it would have issues sticking with the rough surface.

Coffeecan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Coffeecan, how well does it stick to the lower step? It looks like it would have issues sticking with the rough surface.
Sticks just fine. The 192/5’s have the same non skid underneath.