• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 212x SS Scupper...

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So what size do I need?
Anyone know or have a direct bolt in replacement saved in their quick links?
I want to upgrade it before it causes me head aches. Thanks All.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's like we're chasing each other around addressing the same issues lol Is your scupper drain on the side, like mine, or is yours facing directly out the back of the transom? Mine LOOKS like it'll be super easy to swap out, but looks are often deceiving. Mine appears to be missing sealant around the top-ish part of the drain, and I figured if I'm gonna take it off to seal it up, I may as well swap it out for a metal one to avoid the seemingly inevitable UV breakdown of the plastic used for these.

This might be something I remove in the next few weeks after it's too cold to convince the wife to bundle up for a trip out on the boat lol

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's like we're chasing each other around addressing the same issues lol Is your scupper drain on the side, like mine, or is yours facing directly out the back of the transom? Mine LOOKS like it'll be super easy to swap out, but looks are often deceiving. Mine appears to be missing sealant around the top-ish part of the drain, and I figured if I'm gonna take it off to seal it up, I may as well swap it out for a metal one to avoid the seemingly inevitable UV breakdown of the plastic used for these.

This might be something I remove in the next few weeks after it's too cold to convince the wife to bundle up for a trip out on the boat lol

Ya our boats are pretty much the same with a few differences. While our scupper valve is above/at the water line, the sealant job on it is garbage. I will be doing mine this winter as well. I purchased my boat in July that’s why we are doing basically the same upgrades lol.

Jmulvihill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length