• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 212x Wakeboard / Surfboard Racks - Widening them out??

zwillz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Has anyone figured out, or found an easy cheap way to widen out the tower racks for thicker boards to fit n there? I have 2 surfboards that are thicker and wont fit. Dont really wana spend $$$ on new racks as these are basically brand new. Thanks!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have photos of the racks you have installed? I'm assuming the factory racks? Many have set screws in the backside that allow you to remove the forks. If so, you may be able to replace the forks for Surf/wake combo forks.

A photo would allow us to identify the MFG. Keep in mind, Yamaha does not make towers or racks, so the OEM may have options.

zwillz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do you have photos of the racks you have installed? I'm assuming the factory racks? Many have set screws in the backside that allow you to remove the forks. If so, you may be able to replace the forks for Surf/wake combo forks.

A photo would allow us to identify the MFG. Keep in mind, Yamaha does not make towers or racks, so the OEM may have options.
Thanks for the reply. Here is a pic of the racks/forks. They are the standard ones that came with the boat. Any more suggestions or ideas, feel free! Thx

Attachments

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You should be able to pull off the fingers and swap for some with wider spacing. Easy and inexpensive on my 2008, pretty sure the 2014 mounting is similar.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Correct. I know I've posted details before, might be on the old forum.

Ken Sherlaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Stewartsville NJ (Lake Wallenpaupack, PA)
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2019 has two different sized slots. Not sure what year that change took place. But the thin slot too thin for the Yamaha wake surf board (explain that one?) and the wide one is not wide enough for our kneeboard. So definitely not optimal. Would be interested in others experience or suggestions on board storage and transport on X series boats where you have ballast bags in storage areas.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2019 has two different sized slots. Not sure what year that change took place. But the thin slot too thin for the Yamaha wake surf board (explain that one?) and the wide one is not wide enough for our kneeboard. So definitely not optimal. Would be interested in others experience or suggestions on board storage and transport on X series boats where you have ballast bags in storage areas.
The boards ride just fine. I have the Monster rack, which is in fact the exact same rack as the Yamaha rack.

My Inland Surfer Blue Lake fits in the surf slot perfectly, and our Ronix Wakeboard in the wake slot. The new Coaster is super thin. We can run it in the surf slot just fine, and the bungies keep it from bouncing or sliding as well as the rubber strips.

The one day we took both surf boards and wedged the Coaster in the wake slot. It went in, but was tough to pull out. If you care to carry two surf boards, then you could trim the rubber nubs to allow easier use. But we carry out Ronix quite often, so we just choose which surfboard we want before leaving.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have also been told that the shorter of the two coaster boards is actually thinner and may fit into the wake slot better.

Either way, I am contemplating buying a second rack, or selling my Inland Surfer depending on how much everyone likes the coaster. So far it's a good board. But the fins are stupid sharp! My buddy got a major gash in his heel after a fall from the Slingshot coaster, they are no joke.

Last edited: