1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Reminder of the Lateral Thruster & Thrust Vector group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until August 31st to get in on this group buy!

So if you are looking to improve your steering, don't miss this opportunity!  Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(Logged in Members can click the X in the upper right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

2014 242 limitedS tower paint repair

Discussion in 'Yamaha AR240, SX240, 242 Limited / S / X/ E-Series' started by BlacklimitedS, Aug 20, 2015.

1. BlacklimitedS

BlacklimitedS Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +138 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Moomba
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    While towing to Table Rock lake the zipper on my bimini cover rubbed through the paint on my tower. This damaged the zipper and the tower. Has anyone had to repair what looks like a large rock chip on their black tower? I am assuming it is painted and not powder coated.

2. Todd

Todd Active Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    LS
    Boat Length:
    While towing our new Boat from Minnesota to Colorado the zipper came out and beat our tower badly. Our tower is black powder coated. We have since taken our boat in and had snaps put on the top instead. Way better!! Have not fixed the tower yet. But we take the top down when towing.

3. Ric Moseley

Ric Moseley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    I used Testors gloss black enamel from Michael's (old school model paint) which worked pretty well. They sell little brushes as well.

4. BlacklimitedS

BlacklimitedS Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +138 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Moomba
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    Thanks for all the advice. I am going to attempt to touch it up. If that doesn't work off to the body shop to be repaired.

5. tocelli

tocelli Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    I have a similar chip where I dropped the Bimini pole against the paint and it chipped. I am curious of your repair and how it works. Please let me know what you used and how it works for you.

6. Volkmar1

Volkmar1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    Did you have any luck with painting your tower? I had same thing happen to me and now I’m not sure I want to have the whole tower blasted and Re powder coated.