• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 AR 240 Tower brackets

Familyjetboat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know or have a picture of the stock tower in the folded down position? It's my understanding that you use brackets to rest the tower on, but I have no idea how the brackets work. A picture would be awesome. I'm visual.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have a 2014 but I don't think the brackets are required in the folded down position unless you are trailering the boat. They are meant to keep the tower from bouncing and causing damage. But you should be able to lower it while in storage or parked with no issues.

Familyjetboat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have a 2014 but I don't think the brackets are required in the folded down position unless you are trailering the boat. They are meant to keep the tower from bouncing and causing damage. But you should be able to lower it while in storage or parked with no issues.
I just assumed the brackets somehow helped keep the tower off the top of the frame for the glass. I guess I can slide a pool noodle over the frame to prevent scratching.