• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 ar210 oil change

DawnP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for info on oil change on my ar210. My engines don’t have a dipstick on them. There is an oil fill tank on top of engine. So my question is, how to I pump out the oil from the engine? I have a 5 gallon bucket with pump and tube to snake down. But these engines don’t have the typical “dipstick “ like normal engines do. Thanks in advance

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
they have a dipstick, that's where you would pump out from. post a pic of your motors and we can help you locate.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2014 ar210 dipstick.png

He's right, that's an odd one. For those with this vintage AR210, can you snake your oil pump hose down that hole? Assuming it's the only hole, I suppose you have no choice. On the 1.8's, you would never reach the bottom to get it out. It's why we have to go down the dipstick hole.

Good luck,

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The op said 2014 AR210, it should be 1.8’s.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The SX and AR 210 don't have the 1.8, you have the MR1 and you have to extract the oil through the oil tank. Buy yourself a 12V oil extractor and a catch can that will show you how much oil you pulled out. Warm the engine and extract the oil there is an area in the where you can get the hose deeper. What I used to do is after I sucked as much oil as I could I would crank the engines for a few seconds to force oil back into the tank and suck it out.. You will be lucky if you get 2.5 quarts out of each engine.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, they are 1.8’s. I’ve attached a photo for reference. Thanks in advance.
Ripler is right, those are not 1.8ltr engines. There isn't a 210 made that had them. Closest would have been a 212 which had a pair. The photo I included above is from the 2014 AR210 manual, which shows your engine.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's a link, you can use the same procedures on your boat.

DawnP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New jet boat owner here. You were right the the 2014 ar210 has the MR1..our neighbor has the 2014 ar240 and his has the 1.8’s...look totally different.

Thank you all for the help....Ripler you were right....we were only able to get about 2 quarts out of each.