• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 F150 Rear Parking Sensors How to wire them off w/ 7 pin plug.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have a 2014 F150 and the stupid parking sensors drive everyone nuts when backing up the boat.
I've towed trailers with Electronic brakes with 7 pin plugs and these sensors turn off automatically when those are attached.

I bought a 7 pin plug and cut the 5 pin off of my 2015 trailer and wired it up per the directions. The truck now recognizes that there is a "electronic trailer", and I named it to track miles. However it also says "wiring fault with trailer" and after 20 miles it disconnects the trailer. The stupid parking sensors still go off as well.

I tried grounding the EB pin to ground and got no improvement.

Is the truck looking for a certain resistance or actual communication before it'll turn these damn things off?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have same question on my 2011 F250.

On our Tahoe, we have a button to turn off Park Assist which disables the backup sensor. Super annoying.

Am I missing something easy? Owners manual says you click a button on the steering wheel when prompted to disable. But I never get that prompt.

Thanks!

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get the prompt and turn it off. On the left side of the steering wheel you hit up and then ok and it shuts them off, until you turn the truck on/off again.
I want a way for it to be auto disabled.
Mainly because my dad has a Chevy and loses his mind with the beeping and struggling to remember how to turn it off. (he's my weekend put in/out help)

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On my explorer, you have to press a button to turn off the sensors. On the F150, it auto-detects trailer and shuts them off, but I used an adapter instead of cutting the harness. Sure it's wired right?

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, before I wired a new plug I had the same problem with the sensors (with a 5 pin to 7 pin adapter.)