• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 GT 187

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Just bought this boat and don't have any manuals for boat or engine. I have found a basic manual on the Glastron website, but nothing on maintenance or checklists for driving, flushing etc. Is there anything to download? It has the 250 in it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I would contact a local dealer and get as much information from them as you can. Or perhaps from the service guy that works on them. If they seem super negative about the boat in general (some are negative about jets) then call anothee place. Perhaps they will charge you a few bucks to get the manuals but if they want to be your service or repair place then they would at least do that for you!

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
How many hours are on the engine? I can dig around for a chart or something later but, there is a engine oil change at 25 hours, a service indication should show up so it will have to go to a dealer to get cleared.

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I found the manuals! Now I'm just in learning mode. The boat has 30 hours on it. The only thing confusing at the moment is when I turn the key to the "on" position, the "check engine" flashes 4 times before it goes to the compass. Initially, I thought it was like a car and this was normal, but I'm reading it is not.

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Took it out today, docking was interesting, but lots of fun on the water. Didn't really open it up at all, still a little gun shy, trying to get used to the steering in the middle of the bay. Flushed with fresh water when I got home, sounded a little weird, rattles a bit during flushing, but I'm guessing it's normal. Cleaned her up and ready for next weekend!