• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 Havasu Gathering??

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just thought I'd throw it out there. Anyone interested? It will be my first time there as a boat OWNER... AND our first overnight trip with the Dawg, So I would have lots of questions, but let's see if we can all get together there!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been boating there for about a decade. Let me know any questions you may have. I'm heading to the lower stretch of the Colorado River for Spring Break (Lake Martinez, by Yuma AZ). That is a good spot as well.

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Freakin' awesome!! I've got lots of questions, but Dan has already answered two of them...where to launch and where to stay. but when we stay over night, do we have to take the boat out and re-launch every morning or is there somewhere we can stay where we can dock it? What weekend do you think we should do this?

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There will be alot of questions on an overnight stay. Will I need a portable generator in case I need to charge the batteries?
Many questions.....

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow..that looks like an awesome place! Danny and I might have to take a roadtrip there in the next few weeks ;) What do you think @DawgDaze?

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pick a weekend this Summer and we will put it on the calendar. If we have enough people maybe we could get a group rate at the hotel.
Sounds good. I'll take a look at the calendar and post some possibilities. If anyone has any preferences, just post and we'll go from there.

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds good Dan..it will probably be the early part of April as I'm gone for the better part of March. I'll let you know...perhaps around the 4th

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
mmm...love me some good Mexican food!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are moving the family down to Arizona come June, so any gatherings after then are fair game. We'd love to come but need to settle in a bit first. Keep us all posted!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Prescott and Prescott Valley is a great place to live. We have been here 23 years.
My dad lived in Prescott for a number of years, but recently moved back to Scottsdale. We are heading to Gilbert/Chandler. Loved Prescott though...he lived within walking distance of Gateway Mall, facing the national park. Beautiful.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Lee and Nicole! We live in tbe Mesa Gilbert Chandler and would love to welcome you to the area, and the area lakes of course! =)

InTooDeep

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've stayed at the Nautical in Havasu several times. They have a private launch ramp for guests only with fenced in parking for your trailer. You can leave your boat in the water over night, but it's normally first come first serve. They have a small cove where you can beach your boat and they also have a few dock spaces. Unfortunately, the only damage I've ever done to my boat happened at the Nautical on 2 separate occasions. The first time I went there I sucked up a rock and wrecked an impeller trying to beach it. I thought I'd be smart the next time I went and anchor in the water on the channel side, but the wind picked up over night and pushed me closer to shore and I ended up with a couple hundred dollars of fiberglass damage on the bottom. Both issues we errors on my part due to inexperience and could of easily been prevented, so don't let that scare anyone.

Pirates Cove in Needles, CA is also a place that might be great for a gathering. They have cabins for rent, rv spots on the river, and dry camping. They have plenty of overnight dock space available. It gets pretty busy at pirates cove during the day, but then quiets down at night when everyone heads back down the river to Havasu.

http://piratecoveresort.com

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I stayed there once with a big group. I couldn't sleep at night knowing that my boat wat tied up in that cove. I had visions of a storm moving in and piling up all of our boats. The next day I found out that there was a marina just a stones throw upstream. I ended up getting a slip for the remainder of the trip. I've heard a lot of crazy stories about guys having their boats get swamped by leaving them tied up over night.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have dry camped up at Lake Powell which is notorious for bad monsoons in the summer, we anchored the front of the boat out and then the back of the boat towards the shore and tied the rope to a shore stake. If you get big waves the bow of the boat takes the brunt.
Yeah. That's how I had my boat set up. It was mid summer. I positioned it Bow out with a box anchor and tied the stern to shore. But there was a lot of boats in that cove and I was staying by myself in a hotel and would've slept through any storm. All the other boats were beached and tied up to shore. I think I was the only one even thinking about what could happen. So I chose to play it safe, mainly because I hadn't been there before and knew a slip would make me sleep better at night.

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very interested in the road trip. I'd like to check out the launch ramps and see the condition of them. I don't want to embarrass myself on the ramp! LOL

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
536 miles for us, 7 hours 36 mins so we would be curious about dates.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Witty!
We finally got our boat! 4 mons later ....
Havasu would be cool, drove past... Never launched,,, been to Parker, that was nice.
Pirates Cove sounds neat.

How has Perris/Elsinore been? Need to launch somewhere to test the new ride.
Glad I found you here.

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah! Happy to see you too @lashburn1..I'm so glad you found a beautiful boat....Perris is actually a nice lake to go out on, it still has a really good amount of water given the drought we're in right now.
I wouldn't take it to Elsinore, it's really low right now. We wanted to go to Perris yesterday, but didn't get the maintenance done in time. We MIGHT take her out to Perris on Tuesday, March 18th. Danny @DawgDaze is off on Tuesdays, so that works good for us, and I can usually schedule my meetings around that so I don't miss anything important on the work front.

ratchetdu

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Would love to do a gathering here... we normally camp at the state park (Windsor Beach), and launch is included with site fee. ramps are pretty nice, and there is a pwc/jetboat only ramp that bypasses the lines, even on a holiday weekend when its a 3+ hour wait to launch, you cut through and good to go. On a regular day when no wait, we use this same ramp because we know it. Campsites allow boats to stay in the water overnight, tied off or beached, but certain sites can be rather rocky... They also just upgraded all the sites to now include electric hookups for those that need it (battery chargers)... because of the pwc ramp, we just pull out every night and boat sits dry on the trailer, with no worries to interfere with sleeping or enjoying those adult beverages... I'm up for whatever to make this happen or work... Tried to get a gathering before during the "annual" on Lake Mojave or Mead, but wasn't able to make it work... Let's do this!!!

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This Pirates Place could be cool....We can tow our boat with our RV and it fits a POLARIS Ranger in the back garage...
..it says there are BLM trails around the Camp Ground...
If the Dates work out I think we'll go...
Keep me posted...IMG_7260.JPGGOPR0816.JPG