• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff 2014 Shoreland'r trailer

krock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My 2014 Yamaha 242 Limited S was just declared a TCL ( total constructive loss) the insurance company did not want the bot so I was able to part it out to some extent before I had a salvage company remove it from my yard. I have many items for sale including the CDM6 Clarion head unit.

Attachments

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man, shame about the boat! Now you have to tell us what happened.
I was planning to replace our trailer some time next season so I'm curious - how much would you want for the trailer? And where are you located?
Thx.

krock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok the horror story.........9/11/2016 yes 9/11!.......I was o the Potomac river just south of the airport, It was around 1:30 am and I just got out of a massive hydrilla ( river weed) bed. I headed toward the Wilson bridge and bam! I never saw the obstruction but it had to be concrete or something very hard....definitely not a log! Anyway engines shut down and water began to rapidly flood the boat. Called 911 and DC fire and police responded. Thosse guys were awesome! They jumped in ther river and began stuffing temp. plugs all over the place. they had pumps and lights and they really went beyond what I expected to save the boat. finally we had to get on the police boat and get towed to Gravely Point Marina. the boat never sank because of their great work! Due to the extensive damage underneath and the fact that they had me bring the boat to my house, the engines were not flushed and pickled rendering them useless. They delacred the boat a TCL loss and that's the story...........I miss my boat but I am alive!

krock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
By the msavold, I see you are close, I have the complete wake tower as well!

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@krock

Wholly crap! The northern Potomac is my primary boating area so this is very scary to hear but glad to know you had a great response from local Police and Fire! Would you be able to put a dropped pin on a map of exactly where it happened and share it here? I would like to know where it was you hit the obstruction. Are you planning on getting another boat? Glad everyone came out of it safely!

At first I thought you were referring to this story but this one just happened last week:

http://wtop.com/alexandria/2016/10/lucky-potomac-boaters-rescued-by-good-samaritans/

krock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I heard about that story and the one where the speed boat flipped last week.....I could pin my location if I knew how...I have been told that many a boat has damaged hulls and props right in the area I was. I am planning on getting another boat. I bought mine from Holly Acres in Woodbridge so I will be contacting them soon!

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I heard about that story and the one where the speed boat flipped last week.....I could pin my location if I knew how...I have been told that many a boat has damaged hulls and props right in the area I was. I am planning on getting another boat. I bought mine from Holly Acres in Woodbridge so I will be contacting them soon!
Other's might have a better suggestion but I would just open maps.google.com and using your mouse right click on the approximate spot you hit. On the little pop up window, click on "what's here" and a little Icon on that spot will come up. Then a little rectangle will come up with the Lat Lon coordinates at the bottom of the map, if you click on that it will show a window with a button to share the location via a link. You could just post the link in this thread and then others can pull up the location. If you can't figure it out no big deal, but of course I would like to know where it is - as I am sure others would as well. :eek:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow....and I worry about an occassional stump in Lake Livingston! Really sad about your boat though.....hopefully insurance will come thru for you! Best part is nobody was hurt, I assume!!!

krock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies...I will try and post that location to google maps. The insurance did come through but they were very slow in doing so. I would not recommend BoatUS/Geico to anyone!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Krock, sorry to hear about your boat but happy to hear everyone is ok and no one seems to be soured on boating in the future.

Sounds like boat U.s. Wrote you a Check in about 5 weeks. They took 6 to pay me but 4 was waiting to see if the stolen boat would be recovered. By comparison AAA took 4 weeks to pay me for the truck that was stolen with the boat and trailer. At least your incident happened at the end of the boating season and the best time to buy a replacement.

krock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Reading your reply makes me feel a little better. I guess because I had to do a lot more than I felt I should have made me sour on Boat us. I had to go home get my trailer and tow the boat home after the accident because they wouldn't py the overprice tow boat company! The boat sat in my driveway until yesterday and it was very restricting to say the least. There was also some veiled threats of not honoring my claim. Finally I can't believe that they would send a huge check by regular mail! I asked them if they have automatic deposit and they stated that they did not!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hear you. My boat was stolen at the beginning of the season which made that season seem like the longest ever. As far as getting paid, I had to pay about $30 to have the check overnighted too me. I needed it quick to pick up th used Yamaha I found a few weeks earlier. Going forward I bet you will be hyper vigilant when passing the spot that damaged your boat. Again, glad to hear no one was hurt and boat u.s. Took care of you. FYI- I had stated value coverage before now I have that plus 10%, worth the extra couple bucks a Month I think considering the rate at which the msrp on boats is increasing.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What else do you have? Clean out plugs, covers, etc.?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@krock, how much are you asking for the tower? Do you have all the mounting pieces?

robert cabrerea

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad you are ok.its a scary event to see water on the inside. Hats off to the 1st responders.

krock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@krock, how much are you asking for the tower? Do you have all the mounting pieces?

Yes Bruce I have everything, the mounting brackets and the wiring harness for the led lights and tweeters, make me any offer and we'll go from there...I have two covers the bow cover with snaps and the full black cover, both genuine yamaha but the full cover has the name of a Midwest dealers website on it I have the bow filler cushions and CDm6 head unit I also have the little center cushion that fills in the rear seating. I also have two sets of the stock clarion six and a halfs.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes Bruce I have everything, the mounting brackets and the wiring harness for the led lights and tweeters, make me any offer and we'll go from there...I have two covers the bow cover with snaps and the full black cover, both genuine yamaha but the full cover has the name of a Midwest dealers website on it I have the bow filler cushions and CDm6 head unit I also have the little center cushion that fills in the rear seating. I also have two sets of the stock clarion six and a halfs.
Do you know the dimensions and weight on the tower? I am going to look into shipping costs. I assume it is all in one piece other than the mounts?

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hmm, I might be interested in the full cover. I have bow and cockpit covers but would be interested in the full cover for winter/trailer storage. I assume you are in the DMV, so we wouldn't have to worry about shipping either. Although, now that I think about it, wouldn't you want to keep the covers for the new boat assuming you got another 24'?

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@krock , PM sent about trailer...

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hmm, I might be interested in the full cover. I have bow and cockpit covers but would be interested in the full cover for winter/trailer storage. I assume you are in the DMV, so we wouldn't have to worry about shipping either. Although, now that I think about it, wouldn't you want to keep the covers for the new boat assuming you got another 24'?
I believe that @krock's boat was a 2014 which is a different design. I doubt the covers are interchangeable.