• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 24 foot - Grill mounted on Table base

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi, I have a 2015 AR240 and I'm considering purchasing a grill for it. I don't want to cut/drill any mods into the boat and I'm wondering if anyone knows whether there is a simple solution. i.e. Magma grill with a mount that fits into the table base that comes with the boat. The Yamaha accessories website was vague.
Thanks

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With the older boats this was no problem due to the way the table leg mount was. Looks like @JetBoatPilot came up with a solution for the newer boats too.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
i purchased the trailmate mount for my Magma from Jetboatpilot. works perfectly with the table mount

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I bought the ChefsMate 9"x18" cooking surface and the draining bottom into the drip tray, also a full length handle. I bought the MAG-A10-803, that is usable with folding legs camping, or with the availability of a mount that fits in our table legs, so you can just use the tall leg and mount inside the leg itself. I also bought a temp gauge and will mount it, a Newport grill at a ChefMate price. Best thing too...bought at http://www.wholesalemarine.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=mag-a10-803
and when they pull it up on their computer, it was listed at $182.98. But it will show online for $211.04. They have a flat shipping rate no matter the order size or price, so I got all 9 items shipped for the shipping cost of $6.99 and no tax! I have bought at least 3 different purchases from them. That price is only $2.99 more than the advertised sale price of the Cabo!

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey I was wondering for any of us with the 2015 24' series boats, does anyone know if the Magma Catalina Grill fits in the under seat storage compartments? I don't know the measurements of the different storage areas since the boat is still at the dealership since I purchased it.

Thanks
Shane

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi @shane hric , I put my Cabo grill in the Magma A10-992 storage bag and it fits inside my starboard storage seat in the cockpit. The A10-992 storage bag has the following dimensions:

L=24.9", W=17.2", H=12.5"

Per the Magma website, the dimensions of the Catalina are: L= 20", W=14.75", H=14.25

I don't know exactly how much clearance I have between the top of my bag and the bottom of the seat; there might be 2 or 3 inches of space.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought that it might be worth sharing a pic of my final setup for folks who own 2015 or newer boats with the new table mounting bracket.
upload_2016-1-19_10-2-36.png

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought that it might be worth sharing a pic of my final setup for folks who own 2015 or newer boats with the new table mounting bracket.
View attachment 32137
Thanks @MrMoose, I pulled the trigger on the Magma Catalina Infrared this morning and my order is already being shipped. Thanks again for the info and hopefully it all works out and fits in the storage compartment. Nice boat name too! What's that blue circle in the center of the walk thru?

Last edited:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@shane hric , the Catalina looks like a pretty nice grill. While vacationing in Turkey and Greece last year, I noticed that many boats had one of these blue eyes on their stern. They call it an evil eye, and they use it to ward off evil. Here's the wikipedia explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_eye

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 32137
@MrMoose Did you but the mount from jbpilot or what did you use? I have the grill just have not dug into mounting options yet but I basically want the same set up you have pictured. Something that can be easily removed and no drilling.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose Did you but the mount from jbpilot or what did you use? I have the grill just have not dug into mounting options yet but I basically want the same set up you have pictured. Something that can be easily removed and no drilling.
@robert843 , I mounted a "MAGMA Power Grip LeveLock Double Locking Rod Holder Mount" to the bottom of the grill. The Magma's expanding handle fits into the Yamaha table leg. The only mod that I did was to silicone a sleeve (standard 2" abs pipe) into the inside of the table leg so that the Magma's expanding handle would fit more snugly. The Power Grip stays attached to the grill when storing. I bought the Power Grip from West Marine: http://www.westmarine.com/p/9590415
It is easy to set up and I like the fact that it is easy to level. I decided to buy an extra table leg from Yamaha so that I can have my table set up inside the boat while I grill on the back deck.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I did something different than what was shared - here is the final outcome

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Some more add-ons to share - first up my Gas Grill. I improved on my AR240 setup by doing the following...
Magma Grill
Magma mount
2" Pvc cut to length
Order from eBay - SEARAY 2128913 OEM GARELICK 19 1/4 X 8 1/8 ALUMINUM 90 DEGREE BOAT TABLE POST

The new location and angle of the mount allows the Searay 90 degree table post to position the grill in a very sweet spot on the swim deck. A good Cajun always makes sure his guest gets feed well on the water - often the surrounding boat benefits for the smell and taste :)image.jpeg

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered the Magma Trailmate grill off Amazon and also I ordered the magma universal plate, but I cant find a place to buy a replacement table leg for my AR240. I really don't want to spend $256 for another table from Yamaha. Anybody have a line on just the curved table leg like MrMoose used?

Thanks

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered the Magma Trailmate grill off Amazon and also I ordered the magma universal plate, but I cant find a place to buy a replacement table leg for my AR240. I really don't want to spend $256 for another table from Yamaha. Anybody have a line on just the curved table leg like MrMoose used?

Thanks

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/54453ad9f870020ad8f5d976/hull-deck-fittings

It looks like the part number is F3H-U4814-01-00.

You may be able to find it cheaper by searching the part number.

DiverB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks, mans that's still a lot of money for just the leg I need :(

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thanks
Hi @DiverB , I got a break on the price from the dealer that I bought my boat from. The price that they gave was a bit more than the best price that I found on eBay, but I wanted to support my dealer. I paid $225 for it in May of '15, but it may be a bit cheaper now. Same part number that @PaulyB quoted you in his previous response.

mb300sd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited: