• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2015 240/242 - Where will you be mounting your amps?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am about to start down the road of creating an awesome sound system and am wondering if anyone has started thinking about their system and where they will mount their amps. The obvious place for me is behind the helm. What are your thoughts?

Lol, got this twice on Saturday. Not sure I want to touch the stereo until I get this figured out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 43
I'm mounting mine behind the helm under the cut out on star board.

Sorry to hear that @Charles. I wonder if it is just a loose connection to the stereo control module.

I'm mounting mine behind the helm under the cut out on star board.
Have you thought about wiring for power yet? What path will you take to get from the batteries over to that area. I imagine we will have to use 0 AWG wire from the battery to the helm and them split from there.

I hope it's simple. She's at the dealer today for her 10 hour checkup. They're also adding some underwater LED's, and Garmin 70DV.

... and Garmin 70DV.
@Charles, your boat looks killer on the water. The Garmin is my next project, too. Would like to see what transducer you ended up with and how it, along with the screen, are mounted.

wire.jpg

I don't know how many of you remember this diagram from Buddman on the other site years ago. It may give some an idea of all the components they need to consider when building out their system:

Attachments

@Pointblank just using the transducer that comes with the 70DV. The Garmin GCV10 was an additional $600, so I passed. I went with the 70Dv for the size, but also because it supported G2 Vision upgrade, which provides auto guidance. Figured it would make night time boating a little bit easier.

From Garmin:
  • Includes all-in-one 77/200kHz HD-ID / DownVu 8-pin transducer featuring a built-in fast-response water temperature sensor, along with transom and trolling motor mounts

@OperationROL nice! Let me know when you update that with the 242 stuff, and then I'll just copy it :P

Back