• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 Limited S Mooring Cover

MABrentwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

I have used this forum for so much great advice - I finally decided to join. We just sold our 2006 SX210 that we had owned for one season (great first boat) to trade up to a 2015 242 LS. We took her out for the first time this past weekend, what a great ride!

As with any new boat, we are getting used to all the small changes. We got the mooring cover on, no problem, but when we put the hydro hoist up to lift the boat out of the water, we have to be REALLY careful not to hit the top of the canopy. I would prefer to put the tower down, cover the boat, and lift it. For some reason. I cannot figure out how to make this happen with the new cover. What am I missing? I know it must be obvious....

Thanks!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The cover is designed to work with the tower in the "up" position. I am not sure the cover will fit over the tower as well if the tower is in the "down" position. Also, be careful when lowering the tower. There is a cable in the tower that has a washer on each end. The washer acts as a stop to ensure the tower goes no lower than it is suppose to. Our nuts worked themselves free twice and we were surprised when lowering the tower, that the tower kept going. The dealer did as the factory did and tightened 2 standard nuts together against themselves. That was the first time. The second time, my wife climbed under there and replaced the standard nuts with a single lock nut on each side and we also covered the nuts with electrical tape. However, since then we moved to a storage facility with 13' doors so we have not had to lower it. Also, the cable is used as a stop only. It does not assist in lowering the tower. If you were to let go of the tower, it would fall until the washer stops it. It is still a 2 man job to lower the tower. One person holds the tower and guides it as the other removes the pins. A 2 man job, but it is simple and takes seconds.

MABrentwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! I too, was confused as to how the cover would fit with the tower down - I looked it over thoroughly. My dealer said that it should work somehow.....I have searched everywhere but cannot find how.

Thanks for the advice on lowering the tower - I wish I would have originally installed the canopy a few feet higher, but it was perfect for my SX210. Maybe that is the route I will eventually take.