• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 Limited S

Ronald Moore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi All,
Can someone please post some pics of how and where they mounted their antenna for their VHF radio?
Thanks

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronald Moore glad to have you on board, congratulations on the new boat,

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, mounted antennas are not a big topic of discussion, hopefully my post will bump this back up to the top of everyone's unread list and maybe someone will be able to help,

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be mounting a VHF radio and antenna hopefully next week. I will post pictures as soon as I get it done. I am going to mount my antenna on top of my tower dead center just forward of the tower tow point on that center bar.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@PolarXJ If bridge/garage/lift canopy clearance is no issue, that sounds like a great location. I haven't installed one yet, but I plan to in the future, and clearance is a bit of an issue for me. Did you already pick up a mount for it?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most mount on the tower for the additional range provided by the height.

Ronald Moore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks all... Hopefully weather will hold out this weekend so I can take it out.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@PolarXJ If bridge/garage/lift canopy clearance is no issue, that sounds like a great location. I haven't installed one yet, but I plan to in the future, and clearance is a bit of an issue for me. Did you already pick up a mount for it?
I went with the Pacific Aerials Antenna and mount. I went with the kind that the antenna can simply unscrew from the mount so I could remove it when it is not in use. When it is in use the Bimini will still work I just won't be able to fully zip it up. Hopefully I get some time to install it this next week.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't recall the brand/type of my antenna, but it mounted with 3 screws. I put it just aft of the aft tower mount on the starboard side. I think it was the first 3 holes I put in my boat. Didn't do the best job, but it works just fine. Not the range that you all get mounting on the tower, but I don't usually go that far away from civilization that it would matter.

Then I cheated and ran the wire just up over the side to the seat. I shoved it in behind the cushion and then ran it forward up to the radio (mounted below and to the right of the wheel).

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
yeah.... I cheated. I bought a hand held. LOL

I'm not going that far out into the Gulf of Mexico.. 9-1-1 still works :)