• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR192 Jet splash

Need for speed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just wondering if anybody has found away to keep jet from splashing a tuber in the face without a mile of rope. Like to pull tubes and skiers at 60ft but jet splash is still airborne at this distance and no good for skiing or tubing.

Need for speed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Tried one of those and not the answer for me. Makes it to hard to get tube out of the wake.
Need to have a higher towing point at back of the boat and problem would be solved.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think you will need another 10 ft or so of rope. @DBamaC what is the length you use on your boat?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited:

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We added 15 feet of rope to get the kids out of the spray. They also wear goggles sometime anyway.

Need for speed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We competitive slalom ski and 60ft is the longest we use and go shorter from there. Anything over 65ft you get way to much slack when cutting hard so longer rope is not an option

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We competitive slalom ski and 60ft is the longest we use and go shorter from there. Anything over 65ft you get way to much slack when cutting hard so longer rope is not an option
Wow, I would think you would definitely want Cobra Ultimates, and Fangs/Megas - to pull slalom skiers! Set for down at speed of course, it will make a world of a difference.
I my experience a strong skier will throw the stern of a 190 around pretty bad, the Ultimates locked down all the way will help that dramatically. It would be my first mod for sure.

--

Need for speed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Wow, I would think you would definitely want Cobra Ultimates, and Fangs/Megas - to pull slalom skiers! Set for down at speed of course, it will make a world of a difference.
I my experience a strong skier will throw the stern of a 190 around pretty bad, the Ultimates locked down all the way will help that dramatically. It would be my first mod for sure.

--
That was the first mod I did, made a big difference. My jet splash is what is bugging me and the skiers. If I can't get that fixed will have to sell the boat.

Just curious if anybody would be interested in a 2015 AR192 with only 12hrs on it loaded with every option and still has 4 years warranty left? I'am in Canada

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The skiers are having trouble too? You mentioned the tube, initially. I was thinking that with skiers standing up, they would be out of the spray more so than the tubers. You could go longer on the tube, not real sure what options you might have for the skiers. There were a few mods where folks tried hanging a fender horizontally off the swim platform that would knock the spray down a bit,I thought. Or the rubber mat mods for changing wake shape. Maybe something less intrusive than that would leave the wake alone but knock down the spray?

I just did a couple searches, but couldn't find the image I was looking for. I'll keep looking, or maybe someone else can put their hands on it.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes your original post did not mention slalom skiers so I also assumed you were pulling tubes

Need for speed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The skiers are having trouble too? You mentioned the tube, initially. I was thinking that with skiers standing up, they would be out of the spray more so than the tubers. You could go longer on the tube, not real sure what options you might have for the skiers. There were a few mods where folks tried hanging a fender horizontally off the swim platform that would knock the spray down a bit,I thought. Or the rubber mat mods for changing wake shape. Maybe something less intrusive than that would leave the wake alone but knock down the spray?

I just did a couple searches, but couldn't find the image I was looking for. I'll keep looking, or maybe someone else can put their hands on it.[/QUOTE

Yes tubing is a issue also, the tow point on the boat is too low and rope gets stuck in the wake. Tried a ball on the rope but jet spray hits it hard and really spashes things around. I appreciate all the replys to help me out but it looks like I bought the wrong boat for water sports that we want to do.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was the first mod I did, made a big difference. My jet splash is what is bugging me and the skiers. If I can't get that fixed will have to sell the boat.

Just curious if anybody would be interested in a 2015 AR192 with only 12hrs on it loaded with every option and still has 4 years warranty left? I'am in Canada
Oh, I see!
The only thing that would be a definite help is the "flap". It was developed/posted by @COtoFLsurf originally, and has been used successfully by several members here. Also, check @Dulaneyjared videos on his flap mods, very cool, and very practical.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/surf-setup-2015-242ls.12389/
It is a long thread, but pretty informative.

It is a no-BS simple mod that works, however it does take some effort to mount it and to store it, and it does not play super well with cruising - you can get back to the docks with the flap mounted but you will not be going 40mph. The speed and cruising attitude will depend on a version of the flap one would use, for example the one I made at some point that was angled was a lot more forgiving.

Not saying you should stick with the boat, this is definitely not the right vessel for what you are doing, if slalom skiing is the primary activity. But - if you must keep it for a bit longer, there are things you can do to alleviate those issues with regard to jet wash/splash.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Honestly I would never buy a jet boat if you're seriously trying to do anything competitive. They are simply not designed for that. If you want a true 'skiers boat' you're going to want to buy a ski boat. If you don't mind the older boats you could likely keep your 192 for family time and buy an old MC direct drive for skiing. You can get older direct drive ski boats pretty cheap these days since V drives are the modern day watersports boat. Don't get me wrong I love my 192. it is great for iots intended purposes. Jet boats are kind of like Swiss Army knives. They are good at all but masters of none. It all depends on your needs and wants in a boat. Competitive skiing takes a dedicated ski boat to achieve desired results so if that is the most important aspect to your boat the majority of the time used then yes I'm afraid you bought the wrong boat for that.

Last edited:

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I think I use 70', but I find a ball halfway down the rope to work great. I have absolutely no problem getting my kids out of the wake. Maybe my kids are smaller. I do use smallish tubes...CIMG1699.jpg