• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 GTS 187 Rotax 250 Turns Over Fine But Takes Several Attempts To Start

EdJo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As the title states, I have a 2015 GTS 187 Rotax 250. Some strange happenings recently that may or may not be related. The Rotax was turning over fine but not starting until two attempts. It became progressively worse. Now, it turns over fine but will not start until several (usually 4 or 5) attempts are made. This happens every time, even on a re-start. I could be out on the lake, turn the engine off, try to start it and it takes several attempts. Once the engine starts, it runs excellent. Now, not only does the engine take several attempts to start, but I also had the gauges go out for a day and now the speedometer does not work. All connections and fuses are good. Could these be related? Any ideas? I originally thought water in the fuel could be the problem, but it runs excellent when it starts, no hesitation or sputters. Thanks!

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hope you get that figured out, maybe its not getting fuel? I've had an issue with the speedometer not working. Turning off the main switch for a while, then back on, fixed it. It is GPS based so i think there is a retry timeout limit where it just stops working after a while if it doesn't have a signal. I could be totally wrong but that's my theory. I've had it happen a couple times though when i leave the main switch on and leave the boat in the storage unit for a long time. Now i usually turn the main switch off when it is in storage and haven't had the speedometer problem since.

EdJo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was water in the fuel that was causing the slow start. Used fuel from the local country store on the lake. It appears they have an issue with water in their fuel. Talking with others, this is a common problem there. Wish I would have known. Filled the tank with fuel from Sunoco in town and the problem is gone. I will give that main switch a try for my speedometer. Thanks!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length