• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Powerstroke Drop

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going to purchase my first boat either ar195 or ar240. I've never towed anything and want to make sure I get it right the first time. Truck isn't lifted but has 35's so a tad higher than stock. Can I get away with an adjustable 6" drop with 2" ball. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Going to purchase my first boat either ar195 or ar240. I've never towed anything and want to make sure I get it right the first time. Truck isn't lifted but has 35's so a tad higher than stock. Can I get away with an adjustable 6" drop with 2" ball. Any recommendations?
I really thought someone with a 250 would answer you. 6" adjustable not a problem just make sure the boat is level.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree with @djetok no matter what you tow or what you tow with the key is keeping the trailer level. On my F250, which rolls on factory 275/65r20's, I use a 3" drop, actually a GenY Hitch one slot down, for my Cobalt which the trailer has 215/75r14 tires.

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great thanks guys. I said 6" drop because I wanted to make sure that was enough adjustability to get it level. Seems like I can get away with less.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great thanks guys. I said 6" drop because I wanted to make sure that was enough adjustability to get it level. Seems like I can get away with less.
I would guess you will be close to 5 inches

Last edited:

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys 2017 AR240 trailer use 5 pin flat connector correct? Having someone from uship pick it up and just need to confirm.