• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Scarab 215 won't start

Michael Quinn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Buddy took my boat out and when I came home I heard the bilge pump throwing water out. Hasn't rained for days. Further inspection it was left in reverse (keys out) and water was filling up in the floor where the ski storage is. I put it in neutral and the bilge pump caught up to it within minutes. Would reverse cause it to open a valve and flood?

Second, I went to start it because I debated on pulling it out of the water and figure it out on land. Wouldn't start. Bilge pump, blower, dash, lights, radio.. it all has high power. No sign of dead of battery. I have 2 optima for the speaker system and the regular battery. Ive checked all the normal.. neutral, kill switch, etc. Any ideas other than checking the battery?

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just had to replace a breaker in my boat last week from behind the fuse panel . The bilge pump float suck on and burnt out the pump and must have blown a breaker.

Michael Quinn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
So if I unscrew the fuse panel down by the on/off battery pack on port side I can check the fuses there or is there another spot?

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I would start there first. I will get you more info tomorrow once I talk to my friend .

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The breaker location is right by the battery switch there are 4 screws you can take out then use a test light an make sure power is coming out of each breaker

Michael Quinn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Update.. installed brand new battery, checked fuses, changed port side solenoid starter. Both engines turn over like they want to start but won't fire. It's almost like it's not getting fuel or something. I'm on a half tank and it has showered zero issues so I don't think it's bad gas. Checked oil and oil is clean, not milky too. Both engines sound the exact same so it has to be something they share. Do they share fuel pumps?

Scarabtech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are separate fuel pumps for each engine. If you open the engine hatch and look in front of the engines you will see the gas tank and 2 black round pumps. Have someone turn the ignition switch on for you while obse et bing the fuel pumps. You should here them run for a few seconds when the key is turned to the run position. Are both engines not starting or just one? If it's just 1 then try swapping the relays in the engine fuse box.

Michael Quinn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Both.. that's why I think it's something that they share. Otherwise that's crazy odds that they both had something go on them and act similiar. I have a half tank but I wonder if it's bad gas?

Scarabtech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
20180820_122301.jpg 20180820_122253.jpg It would still try to run unless your tank is full of water. How high did the water level get I'm the boat? If you can hear the fuel pumps running then try removing the fuel line from the engine and placing it in a container the cycle key to get a fuel sample. Another possibility is that the engines are in "drown mode". This has to be done when the oil is changed. Lift the bow seat back in front of the driver. Drop the vinyl piece that's snapped in, this gives you access to the back of the switches and helm. Below the fuse panel is the tas module, make sure that it's not being held open.

Michael Quinn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
It barely touched the bottom of the motor, if it even touched. How do I close the TAS? Should I get oil changed to be safe? Oil looks clean when I checked it. Great feature nonetheless. I had no idea...

Scarabtech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Your tas module modules are closed. Are your fuel pumps running?

Michael Quinn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
It sounds like they kick on. I took a video if I can email or text it to you. I appreciate the help!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarabtech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. Unfortunately your going to have to take it to your service center. There are numerous things that could be going on.

Mario Williams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I am having the same issue right now. Very frustrating.

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Why would leaving the shift lever in reverse cause flooding?

BigJoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Good afternoon! New guy here with similar problem in a 2019 255 Open ID. Batteries are good, Starter switches won't start. Any info on how things worked out for you guys?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Good afternoon! New guy here with similar problem in a 2019 255 Open ID. Batteries are good, Starter switches won't start. Any info on how things worked out for you guys?
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum. Check out this thread. This is probably what's happening.