• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Shorelandr suspension oddness

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Friend has a 2015 Shorelander tandem for an SX240 that he had to have the front axle replaced on. A local shop built one out of heavier steel. We now notice that the "teeter-totter" part between the springs is wonked up. It may be unrelated and we just never noticed before. Other than measuring axles and comparing stuff, anyone got any pointers on this? Sorry for the super blurry photo, it was late...

This is at rest and on level ground... we can jack up either axle on one side and this doesn't move.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Friend has a 2015 Shorelander tandem for an SX240 that he had to have the front axle replaced on. A local shop built one out of heavier steel. We now notice that the "teeter-totter" part between the springs is wonked up. It may be unrelated and we just never noticed before. Other than measuring axles and comparing stuff, anyone got any pointers on this? Sorry for the super blurry photo, it was late...

This is at rest and on level ground... we can jack up either axle on one side and this doesn't move.
My first (wild) guess would be it is stuck up. Those joints are supposed to be greased, there is a zerk, mine was completely dry from factory.
Again, this is just a total guess.

--

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
After wanking with it a bit, I agree... it's stuck. :p

I suspect there's a sleeve of some kind that's galvanized to the bolt. I suspect it also was never greased. I loaned my bud an air hammer and told him to let me know if he ever gets it out. We'll see if he still has a working trailer in a week. I also told him to take it to a trailer shop down the road and that they could probably get both sides out and replace the bolts in an hour. :)