• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 SX210 rpm Drop issue

marcinito

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Late las season i started experiencing sudden RPM drop on starboard side engine followed by check engine signal and engine going to limp mode.
We checked everything we could find on forum, and cant point to where issue comes from. Engine shows trouble code 132 and after letting it
sit off for extended period of time it runs perfect again. Boat has ridesteady installed and in past weekend I had day without issue and day with exact
same rpm drop. We are keeping ridesteady off since we believe issue may have something to do with it. I noticed yesterday that when boat is turned off
ridestead has a 10 min timer count down. I purposely waited for time to run out and issue went away. New spark plugs new fuel.
Did anyone ever had similar issue or can provide areas to check or investigate ?
thank you in advance.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Late las season i started experiencing sudden RPM drop on starboard side engine followed by check engine signal and engine going to limp mode.
We checked everything we could find on forum, and cant point to where issue comes from. Engine shows trouble code 132 and after letting it
sit off for extended period of time it runs perfect again. Boat has ridesteady installed and in past weekend I had day without issue and day with exact
same rpm drop. We are keeping ridesteady off since we believe issue may have something to do with it. I noticed yesterday that when boat is turned off
ridestead has a 10 min timer count down. I purposely waited for time to run out and issue went away. New spark plugs new fuel.
Did anyone ever had similar issue or can provide areas to check or investigate ?
thank you in advance.
@Ridesteady Justin , might be able to assist.
@Julian or @Bruce might move this to the main forum to get more eyes on it?

132 is the aps which the ridesteady is plugged into.

Last edited:

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thank you in advance.
@marcinito emailed us and we're currently in the troubleshooting phase.

132 is an APS code, so it could be either the actual APS or the throttle node at issue.

The countdown timer itself likely isn't any affecting anything - at 10 minutes, the engine computers have turned off so if the issue has been resolved (apparently it has), it will come out of limp mode when restarted.

marcinito

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update to my issue for some that may be researching similar issue in futre.
Turns out my trouble code 132 was stored from about 50 hours a go and had likely not much to do with "limp mode" alarm.
I had mechanic scan my SX210 and he found no recent codes other than 132 from past. All codes are cleared and had a chance
to take boat to Lake Geneva today. Fully charged two batteries new spark plugs etc. after 2 minutes of running (Both pissers were working perfect)same engine started dropping RPM and went to limp mode. Basically same as in past, I turned off the engine and checked few basic things,
including air filter etc. Before I turned off the engine I put it in " full-limp mode" reverse.
After few minutes engine started without any issues and i enjoyed rest of the day sort of waiting to learn more but nothing
happened. After reading many posts I intend to unplug both APS units and put them back on as well as check temperature
sensors.
I figured someone will read this and may or not get some intel out of this. If anyone has any suggestions by any means please share.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update to my issue for some that may be researching similar issue in futre.
Turns out my trouble code 132 was stored from about 50 hours a go and had likely not much to do with "limp mode" alarm.
I had mechanic scan my SX210 and he found no recent codes other than 132 from past. All codes are cleared and had a chance
to take boat to Lake Geneva today. Fully charged two batteries new spark plugs etc. after 2 minutes of running (Both pissers were working perfect)same engine started dropping RPM and went to limp mode. Basically same as in past, I turned off the engine and checked few basic things,
including air filter etc. Before I turned off the engine I put it in " full-limp mode" reverse.
After few minutes engine started without any issues and i enjoyed rest of the day sort of waiting to learn more but nothing
happened. After reading many posts I intend to unplug both APS units and put them back on as well as check temperature
sensors.
I figured someone will read this and may or not get some intel out of this. If anyone has any suggestions by any means please share.
Yes, I'd recommend reconnecting the factory wiring harness to both APS sensors (taking both throttle nodes out of the loop). If the issue goes away, one of your throttle nodes may have an issue. If you send them to us, we can check them here.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
quick comment on this. I had a similar issue though self inflicted.

I had flooded my port engine filter with fogging oil over the course of 2 years. We rarely go WOT so I never noticed the loss in max RPM. I did figure out that port had dropped to a maximum of 7,100 RPM. Aside from that everything is running fine. I moved the oil flooded filter to the stbrd engine and I noticed that it could not keep RMP higher than 6,000. It will automatically drop to 2,000 if I tried to go over 6K. I had a couple of runs this way. I removed the oil flooded filter and now I can go max RPM on stbrd engine to 7,250. Still a bit shy of 7,500 but I am hoping the ECU will adjust up after a few hour and when I put fresh fuel. I am still burning fuel that was put in September of 2020.

Port engine is now running at 7,200 but my ECU might on the port side might need a lot of time to adjust after 2 years of running with glugged filter. We will wait and see.

The other note I want to make is that my wife noticed the difference on engine noise while running with oil flooded filter and with clean filter. She made the comment as soon as we got out of no wake.

I know you said you checked the air filter, but maybe if you have time give it another look ? Just by looking at the filter I could not it was flooded and I found it accidentally by chasing a couple of mysterious oil droplets. ( yes i admit publicly I amnot very smart. Especially given the previous told exact what not to do and I did exactly that ....)

marcinito

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
quick comment on this. I had a similar issue though self inflicted.

I had flooded my port engine filter with fogging oil over the course of 2 years. We rarely go WOT so I never noticed the loss in max RPM. I did figure out that port had dropped to a maximum of 7,100 RPM. Aside from that everything is running fine. I moved the oil flooded filter to the stbrd engine and I noticed that it could not keep RMP higher than 6,000. It will automatically drop to 2,000 if I tried to go over 6K. I had a couple of runs this way. I removed the oil flooded filter and now I can go max RPM on stbrd engine to 7,250. Still a bit shy of 7,500 but I am hoping the ECU will adjust up after a few hour and when I put fresh fuel. I am still burning fuel that was put in September of 2020.

Port engine is now running at 7,200 but my ECU might on the port side might need a lot of time to adjust after 2 years of running with glugged filter. We will wait and see.

The other note I want to make is that my wife noticed the difference on engine noise while running with oil flooded filter and with clean filter. She made the comment as soon as we got out of no wake.

I know you said you checked the air filter, but maybe if you have time give it another look ? Just by looking at the filter I could not it was flooded and I found it accidentally by chasing a couple of mysterious oil droplets. ( yes i admit publicly I amnot very smart. Especially given the previous told exact what not to do and I did exactly that ....)
That is a great suggestion which i will investigate further. thank you kindly for your detailed reply.

marcinito

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For people that will search forum in future. I finally resolved my issue by removing air filters. New filters are on order but it appears that one on starboard side had some oil in it. After reading post from fellow member Betik, I removed both filters and they appeared to be clean and great shape but one was heavier than the other so we tested the boat without filters and our issue is completely gone.