• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 vs 2017 AR210

Darin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I found a dealer that has some left over 2015s. I was thinking I wanted a newer one but it is a new boat - just the old one.

What will I be missing out on a 2015 vs 2017?

TR-1 engines on the 2017.

No extended keel. Maybe the thrust vectors make it good enough.

No connect.

Even if it is new - is is still 2 - soon to be 3 years old

What would be my target price on it?

Thanks,
D.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The biggest item that comes to my mind is the noise reduction and folding seats built into the 2017.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with @buckbuck I would still consider this but it would need to be around $35,000 out the door all fees and taxes included even though the boat will be new the second you drive off the lot it is a 2-3 year old used boat much more than that you would be up ended pretty hard pretty fast.

Darin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Price on eBay was $34,995. I called them and they quoted my $36,499.

They have 3 of the 2015s left in stock., 10 hour drive each way, etc. If it was low 30s I would consider it but I am thinking pass.

D.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For that price I would go 2015. With the 24' lineup, there is not much of a difference especially for that price.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Price on eBay was $34,995. I called them and they quoted my $36,499.

They have 3 of the 2015s left in stock., 10 hour drive each way, etc. If it was low 30s I would consider it but I am thinking pass.

D.
Honestly I would pass unless you can get a better deal. I'm struggling to buy a 17 as I know the 18's are being shown in less than 3 months!

Darin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If it was a 24' I would consider it but the 21' had a lot of changes. 2018s right around the corner - the 2015 will take another hit in value.

D.