• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha AR192 Passenger swivel seat installation.

Paul Strader

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I've seen on the forum discussions about replacing the bench passenger seat with a swivel seat. Has anyone tried to install a swivel seat themselves. I don't really care for our local Yamaha dealer and would feel better about doing it myself.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recall it being done but couldn't find it directly here. Might have been on the "other" site.

70raven

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Super easy. Just did it on my 2018 ar195 two weekends ago. Took a total of an hour and that was taking my time to make sure I had the position Dead on. Love the captain seat much more than the bench. If you need any help with how to go about it just give me a shout.

Last edited:

Paul Strader

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Super easy. Just did it on my 2000 ar195 two weekends ago. Took a total of an hour and that was taking my time to make sure I had the position Dead on. Love the captain seat much more than the bench. If you need any help with how to go about it just give me a shout.
Thanks for the info! I’ll definitely get back to you for more info if I need it. Thanks again.

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would you mind sharing what parts your purchased, where you purchased from, and an approximate cost?

70raven

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry mine is a 2018 ar195.
I purchased the seat and pedestal. Seat comes with slider and pedestal comes with mounting plate. Does not come with hardware. Got stainless Allen machine screws from grainge. Remember you must mount base plate backwards from driver's side. That way you can swivel to the right. Where as the captain's seat swivels to the left.

70raven

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry bought everything at dealer. Highway marine Quakertown Pa. Bought at time of purchase. Little more bargaining power. Still think I could have gotten cheaper. Paid around $800.00 lists for $1200.00. I did install. They wanted $500. It took more time to build up the nerve to drill holes then it did to actually install it.

Paul Strader

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Would you mind sharing what parts your purchased, where you purchased from, and an approximate cost?
Just got a price quote from my dealer for the seat parts alone!
Drivers Seat $882.70 x1
Seat Leg $270.99 x1
Seat Slider $211.99 x1
Pedestal Shaft $185.39 x1
Screw $4.11 x1
Screw $1.70 x8
Washer $1.20 x8
Countersunk Screws $1.24 x6
All the prices I got online are about $200 less than this! Way over the prices I’ve seen here when seats were put in when the boats were new. My wife saw somewhere online that someone added a seat back to the bench. I’m going to check that out if I can find it. The $900 prices I saw seemed okay, but this is too much.

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I actually went the other way (swivel to bench) on my 2017 which was just better for my use. I will sell you the parts way cheaper. PM me if interested.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got a price quote from my dealer for the seat parts alone!
Drivers Seat $882.70 x1
Seat Leg $270.99 x1
Seat Slider $211.99 x1
Pedestal Shaft $185.39 x1
Screw $4.11 x1
Screw $1.70 x8
Washer $1.20 x8
Countersunk Screws $1.24 x6
All the prices I got online are about $200 less than this! Way over the prices I’ve seen here when seats were put in when the boats were new. My wife saw somewhere online that someone added a seat back to the bench. I’m going to check that out if I can find it. The $900 prices I saw seemed okay, but this is too much.
For that price you may as well use the recline seats from a newer 24' boat. Crazy $$$$$$$$$$

Paul Strader

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
For that price you may as well use the recline seats from a newer 24' boat. Crazy $$$$$$$$$$
Yeah! My local dealer isn’t the best to deal with. They don’t give any breaks. All about the profit for them. Customer service takes a back seat. I may try a dealer in Rochester, an 1 1/2 hours away.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boats.net they are the best I have seen on parts.

Paul Strader

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks! I need it. My son just lost part of my Bimini top today

thepiratemorgan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Yeah! My local dealer isn’t the best to deal with. They don’t give any breaks. All about the profit for them. Customer service takes a back seat. I may try a dealer in Rochester, an 1 1/2 hours away.
Hmmm... I believe I know EXACTLY which dealer you deal with...and I'm not impressed with them either. There's one in Amsterdam, NY as well...a little further down the road but another option.
And I just noticed your profile pic... I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan as well. Too funny

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Super easy. Just did it on my 2018 ar195 two weekends ago. Took a total of an hour and that was taking my time to make sure I had the position Dead on. Love the captain seat much more than the bench. If you need any help with how to go about it just give me a shout.
How did you determine the mounting location? I was able to get 2 reclining seats for my 195 and am planning to install the passenger side this weekend. Any tips?

JHall

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you were closer, I'd trade you. I have an SX with the captains chair on the passenger side, and would much rather have the bench.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok now that is awesome! I'd love to hear more about the process and after thoughts. I find that I drive with the bottom flipped up on mine 99% of the time so I'm not sure I "need" a different seat but I like having options.