• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Yamaha White Gelcoat

JimmyUSN

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sharp corner on slip, wife guiding us in.:arghh::banghead:
I have quarter size chunk of gel coat missing by my swim deck. Does anyone know what the color is for white on a 2015 SX210? I will post pics of the repair job.

greg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah, that'll wor....oh wait, did you say "Chunk"? that says it's for nicks, scratches, holes....:confused:

JimmyUSN

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's about 1 inch triangular shaped, about 1/8 inch deep in the center, gel coat is gone, I can see fiberglass. I have a piece of aluminum tape over it right now to keep it dry.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That kit should work. Be sure to clean the area well with acetone, when you mix the gel and lay it up get some clear cellophane tape and cover it. If it is on the side it will try to run out and the tape will hold it in till it cures, then you can wet sand it smooth and buff it out. You can also get with your local yamaha dealer and get a patch kit with factory gel coat as well but I do not think it is that small a quantity.

I found a few bless on my boat on the engine hatch cover where they attempted to repair it at the factory and it looks like crap. Once I spotted it I keep seeing it every outing so it will give my dealer something to do this winter...

Some pictures and something for reference will help us give better advice. As @Glassman hinted at if it is too deep you may have to put a little fiberglass filler in there before the gel coat.

Last edited:

JimmyUSN

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So is the gel coat repair kit real runny?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It can be. My dad just always prepped everything and made a trough with tape then applied the gelcoat then taped it closed over the repair. He said it does a few things, first gelcoat is a resin and when you sell it it allows the natural wax inside to come to the surface. Glass with no wax in it when dry is always tacky to the touch. Then just make a block sander and gently work it flat, use 300 grit etc and once flat then you can hit it with a buffer and some 3m policing compound and if the color is an exact match, the repair will disappear. If you are worried about it you could always take it to your yamaha dealer, if he is a boat guy he will have someone that can do the repair and it should not be too expensive. A couple hours is all.

JimmyUSN

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks, I am kind of anal, with DIY skills, just never tackled this kind of project yet.
My 1st year with a boat, that's not made of steel and has jet aircraft on the flight deck.
I did however, zip tie an old bumper to that sharp corner on the boat slip.