1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Reminder of the Lateral Thruster & Thrust Vector group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until August 31st to get in on this group buy!

So if you are looking to improve your steering, don't miss this opportunity!  Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(Logged in Members can click the X in the upper right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

2016 212x batteries questions

Discussion in '2016 Yamaha Boats' started by macnewbie, Sep 19, 2017.

1. macnewbie

macnewbie Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    I am getting ready to put my (still relatively new to me) 2016 212x away for the off-season. The boat has the factory dual battery setup.

I am probably going to do sound system mods in the spring so I am planning on adding a 3rd battery, a 2-bank on board charger, and an ACR.

As part of this work I want to try separate the accessory circuits and put them on a 2-battery bank and keep a dedicated start battery. Does anyone know whether the factory wiring makes that easy? Is there a place where I can find a detailed wiring diagram? I may be looking in the wrong places, but the service manual does not actually have it.

2. Julian

Julian Jetboaters Fleet Admiral Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +8,335 / 116
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    242X E-Series
    Boat Length:
    If you have the factory dual battery setup, it should have an ACR, and already have the Starter and house batteries separated....no?

3. macnewbie

macnewbie Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    X
    Boat Length:
    It's just a straight redundancy setup right now. I can start and run accessories on any switch setting, 1, 1 and 2, and 2