• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 212x batteries questions

macnewbie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am getting ready to put my (still relatively new to me) 2016 212x away for the off-season. The boat has the factory dual battery setup.

I am probably going to do sound system mods in the spring so I am planning on adding a 3rd battery, a 2-bank on board charger, and an ACR.

As part of this work I want to try separate the accessory circuits and put them on a 2-battery bank and keep a dedicated start battery. Does anyone know whether the factory wiring makes that easy? Is there a place where I can find a detailed wiring diagram? I may be looking in the wrong places, but the service manual does not actually have it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

macnewbie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's just a straight redundancy setup right now. I can start and run accessories on any switch setting, 1, 1 and 2, and 2

WadeE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I am also wondering about this with my 2016 212x, added some new stereo equipment and was hoping to move all the accessories over to a 2 battery bank and also have a dedicated starter battery. I have purchased a Blue Seas add a battery and getting ready to wire everything in. I see 3 wires running from battery switch and thinking 1 for each starter and 1 for the accessories. Unless I hear otherwise I will just wire my amps into the 2 battery bank and leave the factory battery switch alone and keep the two batteries separate. Any help would be great.