• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff 2016 242 shower tank setup.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all. I'll be removing my whole fresh water tank and shower head set up this weekend to install a compressor in its place. I'm keeping the hardware for the opening on the swim platform cause that's where the air house will come out from. Was wondering if anybody had any interest in taking it off my hands. I live in Connecticut so shipping might be a factor in this. I'm not giving it away, but not looking to get rich either. So if you have interest, let me know and let the bidding begin lol

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
not me but for those interested... will you be including switches and wiring also?

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm interested in what all is included for this? How large is the tank? Pump still operational? I'm kinda wanting to install a freshwater wash down on my boat. Thanks in advance. I'm in FL but unsure how heavy it all is and dimensions. Thanks in advance.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Its off a connext system boat. Yes it's all operational. No you won't have a switch due to me not giving you my connext. I used it one time last year when I bought the boat brand new and never used it again. I'll take pics of everything when I get it out tomorrow. It's off a 2016 242 limited s e series. Im not sure on dimensions or capacity. I'm sure it's listed on yamahas website as far as capacity.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I couldn't stop laughing with not giving you my connext comment haha. I didn't realize it was built in as I only had a AR230, and now have a CC. Once you have it out and pics listed I'll be a little bit more ready to jump on it.

@Julian do you by chance know the capacity of the freshwater, on the website it just states that it has it. Thank you

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I couldn't stop laughing with not giving you my connext comment haha. I didn't realize it was built in as I only had a AR230, and now have a CC. Once you have it out and pics listed I'll be a little bit more ready to jump on it.

@Julian do you by chance know the capacity of the freshwater, on the website it just states that it has it. Thank you
I don't have anything in writing, but there is a reference here that says it is a 10 gallon tank (from 2014).

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I wanna say it's either 10 or 25 gallons. I can't remember. I have a 18' cc and a 32' bertram as well and their is way to many tank volumes to remember between the 3 boats

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
5-10 gallons sounds right to me based upon eyeball dimensions of the the tank. One way to know for sure it to fill it from a hose and then empty into 5 gallon bucket. Any buyers will need to provide a switch (wires are there for it) and the deck hatch for the sprayer. Tank has a tie down strap. I would say the weight with pump, tank, sprayer would be 10 to 15 lbs and the box would need to be about 2ft cubed for shipping. Shipping won't be cheap.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If your guess is right than it would be about $95-110 dollars. Ouch

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You would need a fill hull connection as well as a vent hull connection. Then a fitting from the output of the pump hose to connect it to the shower hose. Yamaha used a bulk head connection and it was impossible for me to remove do to its location. Either buy the yamaha one or just piece something together from Hardware store. No big deal

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice! So what are the dimensions of the tank? We can figure out tank volume and get closer on shipping with that. I forgot about the fill and breather. The breather is just a standstd through hull like for a bilge pump and the fill is Just a garden hose connection.

The primary reason I am removing mine is to install ballast. That will allow me to use the through hull breather from the tank for my ballast vent on that side. It will still be a bit before I get around to mine.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
ill measure it after i drink my coffee. I also moved the batterys back towards the stern about 3 feet. I thought about making that sliding tray but figured i rarely undo my terminals so id deal with the hassle of unhooking if i had to. It was easy, i had extra battery leads from my polaris ranger when i installed a new whinch on it. I just opened up the battery selector switch, removed the short positive terminals and added the longer leads to both the house and starter selectors. negative leads were plenty long enough. I then resecured the battery trays where i wanted them and called it a day. Way more room now on both rear seat compartments

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for taking the measurements. 2592 cubic inches = 11.22 gallons. Given the rounded corners, the strap indent, and wall thickness, I would call that a 10 gallon tank. You may be able to fit all of that in a 20inx18inx 14in box with room for padding so shipping might be cheaper.

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
ill measure it after i drink my coffee. I also moved the batterys back towards the stern about 3 feet. I thought about making that sliding tray but figured i rarely undo my terminals so id deal with the hassle of unhooking if i had to. It was easy, i had extra battery leads from my polaris ranger when i installed a new whinch on it. I just opened up the battery selector switch, removed the short positive terminals and added the longer leads to both the house and starter selectors. negative leads were plenty long enough. I then resecured the battery trays where i wanted them and called it a day. Way more room now on both rear seat compartments
Same here. The batteries are moved all the way to the stern. I have 4 batteries now ( 2 regular and 2 deep cycle). That should be plenty of power and backup.