• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed 2016 242X - Blue/Black - 70 hours

Jay Rampuria

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Contemplating selling our 2016 242X with approx. 70 hours on both engines. Includes Gray Seadeck, Snap On Cover, Updated JBL Speakers, Window Tint, Shorelander Galvanized Trailer, etc. Any thoughts on pricing would be appreciated!

Attachments

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pricing to me or someone else?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
this is not a the right time to sale a boat, but just because I am just a nice guy I will take it off your hand for 30k LOL

if I were you , I would keep it until February and then list it for NADA, it will most likely sale in a couple of months

Jay Rampuria

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this is not a the right time to sale a boat, but just because I am just a nice guy I will take it off your hand for 30k LOL

if I were you , I would keep it until February and then list it for NADA, it will most likely sale in a couple of months
Hahah! I'll politely pass, but you are right about waiting out till early Spring. Again no rush at this point, since we can still use her in the Fall/Winter here.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For a reference point, our local dealer has a 2017 242x stock without trailer for 56k. Has 30 hours on it.

eHall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Based on your profile picture Phil Dill has a 16 242x with 120hrs for 65k, guessing that’s your local dealer.

https://www.phildillboats.com/m/showcase_unit.htm?id=2416481&status=2
I’m guessing that one will be there awhile.

For reference, I paid around 10k less for a 2017 242x with 60 hours this past July. It was a salt water boat but had been well taken care of. The timing chain issues scared me away from 2014-16 boats with low hours.

If you want to sell, post a price. It is a bad time to sell with most of the country out of lake season. But if it’s priced right, this is the best place to sell it.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The timing chain issues scared me away from 2014-16 boats with low hours.
The 14 and 15 model years had the most widespread problems. While there have been others even 17 model years with TC failures. I believe the engines manufactured after 8/15 had the extra link chains

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hahah! I'll politely pass, but you are right about waiting out till early Spring. Again no rush at this point, since we can still use her in the Fall/Winter here.
One thing is for sure, you wont be getting that kind of offer again ;)
If you live in DFW lets try to catch up for lunch between now and February. I will try to talk you to keeping the boat and bring it to Bimini in 2019.:jimlad:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
One thing is for sure, you wont be getting that kind of offer again ;)
If you live in DFW lets try to catch up for lunch between now and February. I will try to talk you to keeping the boat and bring it to Bimini in 2019.:jimlad:
Show him a few of your videos Betik

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure that will help with keeping the boat. After seeing my videos he might want to buy a Chap

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 14 and 15 model years had the most widespread problems. While there have been others even 17 model years with TC failures. I believe the engines manufactured after 8/15 had the extra link chains
yep. I got 7/15 date from a source/dealer I trust.

--

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Not sure that will help with keeping the boat. After seeing my videos he might want to buy a Chap
I was referring to yours and Shays crossing. A chap is for old men like me ;)