• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 ar190 tower height and position

rick marzen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hey guys, I'm getting a custom tower made for my sx190 and was wondering how tall the forward swept factory tower is from the floor? Also, I was wondering how far the front of the tower is from the rear of the windshield? Anyone that can help would be appreciated.

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I think you're better off going to your local dealer and measuring things yourself... :)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
hey guys, I'm getting a custom tower made for my sx190 and was wondering how tall the forward swept factory tower is from the floor? Also, I was wondering how far the front of the tower is from the rear of the windshield? Anyone that can help would be appreciated.
I will get the measurement for you this weekend if we take the boat out and if no one else has responded by then. Forgot about this thread or I would have done it for you last Saturday.

rick marzen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks a lot. I appreciate that.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven't forgot about you @rick marzen before leaving for the lake today!

Here's the measurements:
From floor to bottom of top tower surface approximately 73-1/2"

From rear of windshield to front of tower mount base approximately 4-1/4"

Attachments

Last edited:

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Do you have a sketch of what the tower will look like? How much $ is the custom tower going to cost you?

I ask because after a VERY long internal debate of what tower to buy, I almost bout an OEM tower, I pulled the trigger on an Aerial Freeride for my 2015 SX192. I have a feeling that it might look a lil weird on the boat so I am ready to take it to a shop should it need to be modified in any way.

rick marzen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the photos. If you have a chance, and think of it, the only other measurement I needed is the front of the tower to the first mount on the boat. Like a plumb bob from the top of the tower, measure from the hanging string to the mount? Thanks again
@Irvs , the tower is from Samson sports. Called the harpoon tower. Then he custom makes it to your boat and your specs. 2500$ plus shipping on a truck. So it's more $. One piece tower, very strong. Other towers are multiple pieces, ship ups. No sketches available now. Maybe later. You can't buy a Yamaha OEM tower. They request a hull I'd # for replacement towers. Already tried. Hope this helps.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll try and get you that dimension next time I have the boat out.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got the tower up in my garage currently. Walked out and measured this for you.

Dropped a plumb from the front of the tower to the floor. Then laid a straight edge across the front of the tower mount and measured between the two. This is probably plus or minus an inch or so.

190-towerdim1.JPG

rick marzen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is awesome, I appreciate it so much. Now I can order the tower.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is awesome, I appreciate it so much. Now I can order the tower.
No problem at all. Good luck with the new tower, and be sure to throw some pictures up when it's installed!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tower looks great @rick marzen! Very close to an OEM look.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AWESOME follow up post. That thing looks great. VERY VERY close to the OEM look.

Well Done Sir!