• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR240 Filter

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok thank you.
Are the K&N filters better than this one? lol

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do I get those at? Not seeing them on Amazon?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok cool. Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I use Motorcraft filters # FL-910S from any autoparts store or Walmart I have used those for many years and 1000's of hours.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok cool. Thanks
Please check the link, the correct filter is EAOM135 (not EAOM 134 - the link was weird, I think I fixed it)

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So So many choices

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I use the Motorcraft FL-910S. It is $4.97 on amazon. It's also on the shelf at Walmart or any autoparts store. I read somewhere that the FL-400s is the 910 with a longer body, higher capacity and better filtration. I will try it on my next oil change.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heres more: http://islandracing.net/240242.html

Swat, Just curious as to why you go with the 135 without the anti-drainback valve instead of the 134 that has the anti-drainback?
The 135 is bigger, that's all. Not sure what the purpose of ADV would be in the 1.8 engine, I don't ever have oil NOT pour out of the filter when I take the filter off, so not sure what the anti drain valve would do, on top of it. Do I worry about unfiltered oil flowing back, or dry starts - no. I change filters when I change oil, and there is plenty of oil to go around in that block.

I used to buy the OEM Yamaha filters when they were "Made in Japan" and had beautiful, thick, fleece-like media. You can no longer get it, the current OEM for 1.8 (same part #s) is made in Thailand and is made of paper. It is not different that a Fram, and if it has a valve or not, I'm sure it is equally cheap quality.

Never heard of anyone complaining of Amsoil filter issues other than the HD guys - with chrome filters loosing "chrome", LOL. I use the black variety.

I'm sure there are better filters. But I don't think the EAOM135 is limiting in my engines, those seem solid enough, good synthetic media etc.

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is another thread on here about oil filters where someone with experience in the oil industry cut open some filters to figure out which was best. K&N came out the winner in the posters opinion based on the filter media used inside. This is what I use for my boat. I think it is a 1” socket or wrench that is needed for the wrench off.

K&N HP-1002 Performance Wrench-Off Oil Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C3XDB8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_Zlk6zbNWY3D9H

Edit-
@ISLANDRACING just posted a link to an in depth oil filter study in another post. Thanks for that. The results from that study line up with K&N being in the top 3 of all around filter performance and build quality but it comes with one of the highest price tags. Given the rpm range we regularly operate in I will pay more (still less than a yamaha kit proven to be lower grade by the way) for better filters and oil. I use 10w40 full syn motorcycle racing oil.

As far as warranty goes both products I use meet or exceed the standards recommended in the owners manual which is all that is required to maintain warranty alongside documentation of the service. I personally take a photo of the engine hours and keep the receipts for the materials used when I perform service as well.

Last edited:

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I had 2 different K&N HP-1002 filters crack and leak at the base of the filter where the socket fitting is. I caught one at home before going to the lake. The second time was a bad leak on the water. I had an extra gallon of oil, so I was able to get to the boat ramp, but it made a huge mess of the engine compartment and bilge. Bilge pump kicked on right before I pulled the boat out of the water, huge oil slick at the boat ramp. Really embarrasing. I had 4 K&N's on the shelf, they went in the trash as soon as I got home.

No issues with the FL-910s

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PS: Would be curious to see the 134 and 135 cut open and see if there are any physical differences.
Next time I do it, I will post the 135 pics (will rip it open!).
I don't ever go longer then 50hrs between oil changes, it's too easy to do.

--

ISLANDRACING

Jet Boat Addict
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I had 2 different K&N HP-1002 filters crack and leak at the base of the filter where the socket fitting is. I caught one at home before going to the lake. The second time was a bad leak on the water. I had an extra gallon of oil, so I was able to get to the boat ramp, but it made a huge mess of the engine compartment and bilge. Bilge pump kicked on right before I pulled the boat out of the water, huge oil slick at the boat ramp. Really embarrasing. I had 4 K&N's on the shelf, they went in the trash as soon as I got home.

No issues with the FL-910s
According to the above oil filter study, the Motorcraft was pretty close to the bottom of the list as far as particle filtration. I dont know about you, but that would bother me.