• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 AR240 Sirius XM

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All,

Has anyone been able to activate Sirius XM on the Connext system? I tried this past weekend to get it up and running but could not find the "Radio ID". When I touch the Sirius XM button it will not stay on the XM screen. It comes on briefly and the. Goes back to FM.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
echoing Bennie. You need the sxv300 tuner that plugs right in to the back of the polk HU under the helm dept. You just have to find a good place to mount the antenna. I did this on mine and works great.

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought the tuner for mine and loosened the GPS antenna and slipped the satellite antenna cord under that and plugged it in to the tuner box. Pretty simple if I can do it anyone can. Keep the box for the tuner and have your boat in the open and call to have it activated, takes a couple minutes and they stay on the phone with you until your radio starts working.

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi guys thanks for the info. I bought the timer today and am expecting it here by Wednesday. Does anyone have pictures of their install?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi guys thanks for the info. I bought the timer today and am expecting it here by Wednesday. Does anyone have pictures of their install?
On a difficulty scale of 1-10 this is a 1. On back of HU there is a port with a cover that says XM. Pull the cover off and plug in the tuner. Then run your antenna wire up through the hole where the hockey puck gps antenna is mounted. I used 3m doubled sided tape to stick Xm antenna right next to gps antenna.

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MattFX4 , did you cut a hole or slot in the puck to allow the wire for the XM antenna to exit and the puck remain flush?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@MattFX4 , did you cut a hole or slot in the puck to allow the wire for the XM antenna to exit and the puck remain flush?
No, not yet. I just loosened the nuts on bottom of puck, and pushed the wire through. I was going to slot the puck, but honestly it isn't even noticeable that it isn't exactly flush with the Xm antenna wire running out one side. My concern with cutting a slot is that the puck is solid. I'm afraid to cut in to it and damage something. I won't be near my boat until Wednesday, or I would snap some pics.

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No, not yet. I just loosened the nuts on bottom of puck, and pushed the wire through. I was going to slot the puck, but honestly it isn't even noticeable that it isn't exactly flush with the Xm antenna wire running out one side. My concern with cutting a slot is that the puck is solid. I'm afraid to cut in to it and damage something. I won't be near my boat until Wednesday, or I would snap some pics.
That is exactly what I thought and did. I have four of those antennas so if it pinches it in a couple years and quits working I have extras. Glad I never throw anything away.

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know if there is an AUX input on the Polk HU? I have an XM Onyx radio that I want to be able to plug into an aux input....
Without looking at mine I'm thinking there is. There is a USB input and I think an aux input under a rubber cap right on the dash

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I cut a slot into the bottom of the puck in order to keep it flush and not damage the wire. No big deal. I used an dremel.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered the Sirius XM module for our AR240. We have it in our trucks so we are kind of spoiled to having it around. I like the newer versions of these because they allow for pause, rewind and forward.

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey All,

I got the XM tuner installed and it works great. I haven't cut the slot in the puck yet but I'm not sure I need to. It's hardly noticeable. Thanks for all the help. We were out On the lake yesterday and it works flawlessly.