• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 F150 Trasmission Fluid change at 150,000 miles ?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
since yall bullied me to trade in my Honda Pilot for an F150, now yall are morality obligated to help me .......

I got a 2016 F150 5.0 4WD with a 6 speed transmission. After 3 years the truck has 57,000 miles and 45,000 miles are towing (less than 6,000lbs). So I was thinking to change the transmission, transfer case and differential fluids. I looked online ( see link below) and it says that I should not bother until I hit 150,000 miles!!! is that for real ? or is Ford playing tricks on me?

Ford 5.0L F-150 Maintenance Schedule & Service Information

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a shop foreman for a Ford dealership. I tell everyone the same thing. If you don't like your vehicle wait till whenever to change your fluids. But if you actually like your vehicle and want to keep it for a while take care of it. We try to do transmission flush every 60,000, along with transfer case and differentials. Same thing with a tune up. I recommend every 60-70,000 especially if you're towing or do a lot of city driving.

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm a shop foreman for a Ford dealership. I tell everyone the same thing. If you don't like your vehicle wait till whenever to change your fluids. But if you actually like your vehicle and want to keep it for a while take care of it. We try to do transmission flush every 60,000, along with transfer case and differentials. Same thing with a tune up. I recommend every 60-70,000 especially if you're towing or do a lot of city driving.
Thanks for the info.

Any words of advice on the 3.5 ecoboost?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Fordman Any thoughts on a "flush" vs "remove/replace with filter change" methods?

Getting ready to drop the pan and replace the filter on my '05 GMC (yea, I know, wrong brand) and hear a LOT of conflicting info on a flush vs a pan drop.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If over 100,000 I recommend a pan drop with new filter, but you will still want to flush it when done. Pan drop is generally between 5-8 quarts coming out. I know our trans hold between 10-14 depends on model. And believe it or not mixing old fluid with new fluid actually does cause a chemical reaction that can do harm to your internal clutches.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not a bad idea to have throttle body cleaned every 30,000. It can only help keeping the junk off or them so the electronic throttle body can move freely through full range

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fantastic motor, change plugs every 60,000 with new coil boots. And change engine oil and filter with motorcraft oil filter every 5000
Hey @Fordman glad to have you on the board! We just picked up a 2019 Expedition and as you know it has the 3.5 EcoBoost and 10 SPD auto. We were told when we bought it that oil changes are done when the sensor system tells you it's time. Really? They say it's usually in the 8-10k mile range. I'd rather have it done by the miles in the 5-6k mile range. I'm assuming that Fords oil is a full synthetic. We purchased a maintenance plan so everything is paid for and handled when it is supposed to happen. What's your opinion on the 10 speed? Known issues to watch for? It's one sweet ride! It's the nicest vehicle that we've ever owned.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've read a LOT of your posts, and of all the things in the English language for you to latch onto....😜
The boy has come a long way,
He's an official Texan, how can you not be when you're an Aggie and change your name to reflect your new citizenship and own 4wd truck,

the biggest hurdle though was having him loose the face covering and get the hair and truckers hat back (funny side note, last time I was by his house he had "Sweet Home Alabama" on a loop),

from this

to this

betik hair.jpg

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've read a LOT of your posts, and of all the things in the English language for you to latch onto....😜
Out the 20 years in the US, 10 of them have been in Texas and 5 of them in Florida. So the south is home for me.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scottintexas you know how I feel about people who come and make zero effort to acclimate. Coming here not for the values which the country stands for, but for the benefits you rip of the system. Freaking parasites who figured out was easier to milk the American tax payer than the authoritarian regime they grew up.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just saying lets mix in a "freebird" or "call me the breeze"

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @Fordman glad to have you on the board! We just picked up a 2019 Expedition and as you know it has the 3.5 EcoBoost and 10 SPD auto. We were told when we bought it that oil changes are done when the sensor system tells you it's time. Really? They say it's usually in the 8-10k mile range. I'd rather have it done by the miles in the 5-6k mile range. I'm assuming that Fords oil is a full synthetic. We purchased a maintenance plan so everything is paid for and handled when it is supposed to happen. What's your opinion on the 10 speed? Known issues to watch for? It's one sweet ride! It's the nicest vehicle that we've ever owned.
Same as I tell everyone, if you like your vehicle change oil every 5,000 miles. If you don't care about it let it go 10,000. If you've seen what it looks like at 10,000 though you would probably change your mind. Ford uses synthetic blend motorcraft oil. 5w30 in 3.5EB. 10 speed is nice, just shifts different than normal but very good. I had a 2017 f150 loved it, just traded it in for a 2019 and love it more.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Fordman I have been following the instrument cluster’s recommendation for oil changes in both my F150 5.0’s for the last 5 years. First one ran 150,000 miles without a hiccup, now my 2018 has 79,000 miles. It seems like I get roughly 10,000 miles between changes. Obviously this is a good bit of highway mileage in there, I guess my question is does the truck consider hours for oil changes or a mix of miles and driving conditions? I’ve never thought to monitor the engine hours (easy enough with the cluster display) but every time I check the oil it’s golden color looks like almost new.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Fordman I have been following the instrument cluster’s recommendation for oil changes in both my F150 5.0’s for the last 5 years. First one ran 150,000 miles without a hiccup, now my 2018 has 79,000 miles. It seems like I get roughly 10,000 miles between changes. Obviously this is a good bit of highway mileage in there, I guess my question is does the truck consider hours for oil changes or a mix of miles and driving conditions? I’ve never thought to monitor the engine hours (easy enough with the cluster display) but every time I check the oil it’s golden color looks like almost new.
It has a intelligent monitor that takes miles, hours, and driving habits into consideration