• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 SX190 Transducer Transom mount ???? Anyone ??? HELP !!!! ;-(()

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone mounted a transducer on the transomand had it work...... Dealer says they will warranty the labor but not functionality.....Nice !!!
Dragonfly 7 Pro waiting to be installed.....
Pkg deal bought with unit, Nav+ and transducer for 500 CDN..... another $300 for a thru hull and then my CHIRP is not as good.....

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just put 1 in my 2015 LTD, works great at any speed I could go. I have the Dragonfly 4 Pro.

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just put 1 in my 2015 LTD, works great at any speed I could go.
I have the Dragonfly 4 Pro.
Brother Im in a jam here......I have to install this thing ASAP as Im on vacation at the end of today and Im about to hit some uncharted waters.....
Im on bended knee here and asking if you could take 3 or 4 pics and show me EXACTLY where u installed it....
I would truly appreciate your time and effort on this....

kindest regards M8

TiMaH

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My boat is at the lake, in the water and I won't be up there until Sunday, sorry. I bolted mine to the ride plate and then routed the wire up near the jet output, drilled a 1" hole, filled the hole with marine sealant, put a clamshell around it and pretty much buried that in sealant. I had no leakage on a rough Lake Erie last weekend.

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you very much M8tys........ truly appreciate the help......
Im thinking Ill follow Cabbie's lead.....

https://jetboaters.net/threads/install-raymarine-dragonfly-5m-gps-chartplotter.7645/

As Im the farthest away from being an electrician.....Im assuming because he is hooking up his ducer wires to existing switches at the helm panel an INLINE fuse is not required.....

Maybe I should just hard wire the ducer to the battery and install an inline amp.......
But then how do I ensure I can cut power to the GPS (ie no OFF swith)......

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Muchly appreciate to all who shared their wisdom......ended up installing the Ducer (Dragonfly 7 Pro) just left of the jet gate.......
sorry not a great picture.....
I couldnt epoxy the ducer inside my Sx190 as I couldnt get at it......Yamaha glued the crap out of the pull out plug rubber hose thingy in two separate spots.....one to the plastic lip at the wet locker where u insert the plug and inside the boat as well.......anyway blah blah blah.....
Im tickled that I get great readings up untill about 25-30 MPH......

ALLEVIATION...... ;-)))

Consider urselves awesome......

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to hear it works for you,
The black rubber cleanout tube most members can't remove that from the jet housing but your the first to hear you can't remove it from the wet locker cover.
Did you take the clamp off at the cover? you have to reach in through the manhole access and undo the clamp, in the past that hasn't been glued.

Where did you go boating on your vacation?

TiMaH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
glad to hear it works for you,
The black rubber cleanout tube most members can't remove that from the jet housing but your the first to hear you can't remove it from the wet locker cover.
Did you take the clamp off at the cover? you have to reach in through the manhole access and undo the clamp, in the past that hasn't been glued.

Where did you go boating on your vacation?
Yes there are 2 clamps I removed - but Yamaha actually super glued the damn cleanout tube at both clamping locations so there was no way to get in the transom area without cutting the tube......BUT it all worked out anway.

Usually boat on Lake Ontario..... Lake Erie and into the Muskokas and Karwarthas... (cottage country)