• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Sx190 with 265 hours to many hours?

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m looking at a Sx190 with 265 hours for 19000 is that to many hours?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is a ton of hours for a 2016. Someone's been busy!

For reference my 2016 has about 70 hours but I also didn't get to boat as much last season as I had hoped.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was a rental, and after seeing some of the up close pics of the gel coat I have decided to go another route. Thanks for the reply though.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Being a non super charged as long as the condition is good I would have said go for it. Motor wise I would not be concerned. Wear and tear is another issue.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wear and tear was definitely the problem.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Wear and tear was definitely the problem.
Just for wondering, what was worn mainly? I find older or rentals really show what our boats could look like when not cared for or just wait happens with age. It's always good to know a head of time to avoid future issues.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There were deep scratches going up and down each side, and a nice size hole in the gel coat on the very back of the boat next to the swim deck.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For the same reasons one should not buy a rental car, the same applies to any boat. There are too many well cared for used ones on the market, to buy a rental jet. By the way, do not fear buying a used Yamaha, so long as it was not a rental.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bought a 14’ SX190 last week.
For the same reasons one should not buy a rental car, the same applies to any boat. There are too many well cared for used ones on the market, to buy a rental jet. By the way, do not fear buying a used Yamaha, so long as it was not a rental.

Astinus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was Systems Administrator for a Auto Group. The best joke for rentals was..

Q: Whats the differance between a rental and a Hummer? A: A rental will go anywhere!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have some friends with 125hrs on their 2017 Centurion. So 256hrs for a 2yr old boat doesn't sound completely absurd to me.

We only managed about 48hrs last year on ours though, and I would suspect that is closer to "average" usage.