• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Tige R21

what boat would you choose?

• Tige R21

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Yamaha 212X

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

dustin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So we have been avid Yamaha boat lovers for a few years now with our 212X. But over the last year my wife and I have been discussing trading up to a more wake/surf specific boat. We had been seriously looking at the Axis and actually almost signed on one.
But then we ended up at the Houston Boat Show this year and found ourselves in the Tige booth drooling over the new R21. We actually loved it so much we ended up signing on it there on the boat show floor! It was kind of a sad or bittersweet day when we towed the 212X out there to trade it in knowing it was the last time it would be behind the truck. I know we will miss the Yamaha but I'm sure we will be plenty happy in our new toy.
Welcome our new Tige R21 to the family!image1 (002).JPG image2.JPG image3 - Copy.JPG IMG_2480.JPG

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow. That really looks nice. Congratulations and happy surfing.

dustin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks guys! Just waiting for the water to get just a little warmer.....

wschmidt05

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So jealous! Enjoy just flipping a switch (or swiping a screen) to surf either side.

wschmidt05

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
lol, rub it in! That Tige is a nice package.

I was at the Mid Atlantic boat show this past weekend and got carpet burn on my chin. The ballast and surf system options available are ridiculous! What did you think of the Mastercraft NXT22? Seems like a good entry price if you want a surf system and plug and play.

dustin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I searched and did research on them all, the nxt22 is a solid machine... That being said a plug and play system is good if you want to pay more money to add more bags....

The Tige r21 has one bag that fill the whole compartment on each side so you don't need the extra bag.

I haven't actually surfed/wake boarded behind the mastercraft so I can't really say how good or bad it is...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Nice boat. And I love that color with the glitter in the gelcoat. Congratulations!

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats @dustin on a beautiful new R21. My family made the switch from a 212 to a 2014 Z1, and then traded it in on a 2015 Z1 in late fall of 2014. You are going to love it!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So, how do those boats handle the chop say... going to the bahamas?
A low slung ski boat probably would have a rough time but the new line of wake boats from all the manufacturers probably would do ok, right?

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Awesome! If Tige had a dealer closer than 4 hours, I probably would have ended up with one! Congratulations!!

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Speedling you are not taking an inboard to the Bahama's!!! :DDon't even think about it. Even the big new ones. For the amount of the new 26 foot Mastercraft you could buy a decent R21 and a jet boat:eek:! Heck, you might even be able to swing an older center consul and cross to the Bahama's in style! :cool:

@dustin beautiful boat!:thumbsup:

The hull of a Z1 at a more affordable price point. I have an AVX Z3 which has an amazingly adjustable wave, but not the switch on the fly like the taps 3. Enjoy man!

Last edited: