• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Vortex Owners Manual

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I started to post this on a different thread, but I figured I'd put it on here for all to see. @RodK - I saw your posting on the Chaparral boat owners forum about you looking for the owner's manual. It's attached below.

It really isn't very helpful to me. They might as well have given me a manual for a 1993 Bayliner 175 - it provides about the same amount of information. The start-up guide for the Medallion 6.5" touch screen is garbage as well (that's all Chaparral provided me for that).

A lot of self-learning is involved with this boat for me.

Attachments

Tlewellyn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@RodK, @blackhawkpilot. I have a different 2016 Manual that was revised in June 2015 for our boats. It has a little more info (and i mean a little) on the touchscreen. I think i got it off the DVD not the vortex website. Agree 100% about learning on the go.

Attachments

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yep, that's the same "manual" I have for the touchscreen. I use the term "manual" very loosely. It's more of a guide to me. I tried using the cruise control the last time I was out, followed the directions as stated, but I couldn't get it to hold a speed. Will play with it again one day. It's really not that important to me right now, but I would like to figure it out.

Steve B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Not only is information sparse, it is at times flat out wrong. It says hydraulic steering but the boat has rack and pinion steering.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm trying to read a chart in the owners manual (attached in the first post). On page 66 of the Adobe reader, it has a "MINIMUM OCTANCE RATING" (whatever "octance" is - I'm sure it's just a typo). What is this chart telling me? My dealer said to only use mid-grade fuel, but I'm trying to interpret the owner's manual a little at a time.

Also, I've opened the manual on 2 different computers (Apple and a Dell) and both of them have no page numbers throughout the entire document. Is anyone else having the same view, or is it just some security settings that I'm having to deal with? Some of the warnings a graphics don't seem to display correctly either.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The page number thing is a pain in the butt. If I remember correctly, I needed to use the image # in the pdf viewer to get where I needed to go.

TheZeeMan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Hey guys, I know this is an older topic but I was curious if anyone happened to have a list of the icons and their meanings on the instrument panel, just the digital one, not the touch screen...I have some indicator that I have no idea what it means and it turned on while in motion so not sure really sure. My chap dealer is useless, I"m more or less concerned if its a problem...