• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 vortex warranty info needed asap

Jeff Cox

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
have a major issue. bought my 2015 leftover 223 vrx on feb of 2016 while chap was offering 5 year all inclusive including accessory warranty. last week found the steering completely frozen and had to bring to dealer. chaparral NOT backing warranty and is not covering the defect. there's no damage, thwy are not giving a reason. they are telling me that there is no 5 year warranty. my dealership furious and is doing everything they can to help. it is even written 5 year warranty on my contract. if anyone has a screenshot from boat show season 2016 website showing the 5 year warranty or has any paperwork from their boat please contact me asap. thanks. jeff

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just read thru this warranty...unbelievable. Look at the list of items NOT covered.....WOW. But the killer is, it says that an item is ONLY covered if it is specifically mentioned in the covered section....if it is not listed it is not covered. So, I looked in the covered steering section....but dont know what exactly failed on your boat. I hope you get it fixed.....CRAZY!

Jeff Cox

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
steering cables frozen....the mechanic immediately said...hey, there's supposed to be a gasket at the end of the tube where the cable leaves the hull. leading hypothesis is that salt water backed up into the tube and over winter rusted internally. to me....manufacturing or assembly defect...first winter....bought boat in feb...took delivery in june. to say I'm angry and feeling tricked is an understatement. website had huge splashy ad of 5 years worry free, even accessories included. never mentioned exclusions.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I would be pissed too. Are you sure your dealer is telling you the truth? 1st thing Monday morning I would go around the dealer and call chaparral.

Jeff Cox

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
totally trust dealer. we have become friends after the sale. he called me furious the day after I dropped it off. I now have contact Info for actual people high up in the chap food chain. Will be calling each Monday morning.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had to go back and read my Yamaha YES warranty.....Very happy with what it says! Even has a trip interruption clause. I think if the dealer determines is was a manufacturing defect, you have damned good case against Chap! Hope it doesnt come to that and they step up to the plate and do what is right!