• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamaha 212SS - Photos

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha provided great photos of the 2016 models and we would like to share some of our favorites. Reduced size versions are shown below. The full size images are attached at the end. I have included the side profile photos which I believe show all of the color options. If you are viewing as a guest, Logging In will allow you to see the full size photos.

2016_Yamaha_212SS_Side.jpg

2016_Yamaha_212SS_SCurve.jpg

212SS-Gray-Profile_01_1024.jpg

212SS-Red-Profile_01_1024.jpg

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I agree. I want the ss to look super cool. Bring back my low profile windshield and put some cool graphics on that sexy blue hull. and if any boat has the supercharged motors it should be that!

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree. It's funny how if no tower the graphics are generally dull!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree. It's funny how if no tower the graphics are generally dull!
Market research clearly indicates that we non-tower people are a subdued bunch. Like hobbits, we have no interest in going on any Adventures or doing anything out of the ordinary.

Yup. All Missionary, all the time is my motto.... ;)

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My avatar speaks for itself on this topic

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Even my wife says they missed the mark here. Looks like an old man's boat.
I mean, cmon, they took the one boat in the line to really have some sex appeal and made it lame. Look at the Scarab and Chapparel. Seriously? Yamaha missed an entire generation this go around. They are making bigger, nicer, more refined boats all around the line, but totally missing the younger crowd throughout the entire line!
Bring back the Exciter, and bring back the excitement to Yamahas!
A 250 hp supercharged Exciter would be amazing!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Funny....I find the graphics treatment on these to be WAAAAAY better than what they've done in the past. I find all the decals and loud graphics to be tacky and much prefer either a single color or a two color combo. As another example, I much prefer the look of the Chap VR to the VRX. I guess I'm officially old!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
LOL @OrangeTJ I sometimes agree with ya, but on the models that are supposed to appeal to the younger crowd, I think they got it wrong.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you notice with the first photo, Yamaha have omitted the Bimini frame as to make the boat look sleek and clean looking, which it does IMO, but I'm in agreement with @Speedling , the SS needs to be the GTI of the family.
If any model should have the superchargers first, its the SS, but with graphics/colours to match.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess the days of the low-profile windshields are just not ever going to come back. I love the look of those.

@DCB-270 is the only one I have seen like that though.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I always like the look but I guess they didn't sell well. I keep looking for a 242SS. (Low dark windshield) The new SS look like every other boat out there.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the look of your windshield too, Dan. I can always tell your boat from a mile away.

Florida-212SS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have a question. We are trying to decide on the 2016 212SS. The only concern I have is that the port side captain chair sits above the windshield. Has anyone had any issue with this. We will be boating in Florida, lakes and intercoastal.