• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Yamaha 240 FSH Center Console

Would you upgrade for a 2016 Yamaha 240 FSH Center Console

• Total voters

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The recent release by Yamaha of the 19 foot Yamaha FSH Center Console fishing boat had me wondering how many would upgrade if Yamaha came out with a 24 foot center console boat (preferably with down riggers).

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, but I am not a fisherman.

I have a friend who would likely buy one. Imagine what you could do with 5 more feet of length in the FSH 190.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think the CC will really shine when it reaches performance and ride characteristics of big water CC's. I too don't do much fishing anymore, but those that do might find a 24' version of this boat most appealing!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know a lot of people are disappointed with its release......seems everyone was hoping for something bigger. I on the other hand, love it and I think it's a great move for Yamaha. Bay boats dominate the coastline here and this may very well be my next boat once my kids are grown and out of the house. A 21' or 24' would be a huge plus though.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It will sell very well in the Gulf coast and especially in the South Florida area.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Since the majority of Yamaha owners on the forum are family bow rider owners, I doubt this vote will look very favorable for a CC. But I do think that in general this boat will sell well, and a larger model should as well. Having a clear stern to land find unencumbered by an outboard will be appealing to many. With the keel and bigger rudder on the 24's it would work well as a fishing platform....not prop exposed to catch a line on. But they will likely want to add trim adjustments if they plan to go bigger....and my only concern would be around efficiency against and OB....

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
twin engines and 24 feet....I am in.

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since the majority of Yamaha owners on the forum are family bow rider owners, I doubt this vote will look very favorable for a CC. But I do think that in general this boat will sell well, and a larger model should as well. Having a clear stern to land find unencumbered by an outboard will be appealing to many. With the keel and bigger rudder on the 24's it would work well as a fishing platform....not prop exposed to catch a line on. But they will likely want to add trim adjustments if they plan to go bigger....and my only concern would be around efficiency against and OB....
My favorite thing is the fact that it is a Yamaha, I think having the swim platform vs the Outboard is the true selling point for my family we like to go on adventures, grill food read books and my son and I like to fish, plus we don't ski very much so this boat offers a swimming platform and a clear fishing platform which is perfect for my family.

The outboard and prop wouldn't work for my family

Kevin Carlin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I have a 190fsh. I told the dealer when he does hear of them making a bigger center console, I'll be the fist on line to put a deposit on one. Lol that the truth.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This looks like a nice fishing boat, however as @Julian advised the majority of us here purchased our boats for completely different reasons. IF I were to purchase a fishing boat this would be PERFECT for the local bays and calm days in the Gulf. But with the huge reduction in chairs and general amenities I don't see much of a need for it.

BUT...if I could get a second boat, just for beer drinking and light fishing, this would be it.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
24' for fishing is too much for me. I have the following for fishing:
  • 3 snowmobiles with many many ice huts, power auger, etc... that doesn't count on this website ;-).
  • Float tube with 55 #thrust troller.
  • 19' fiberglass bayliner retrofitted with platforms and rod holders with trollers.
  • 55' houseboat that I catch more fish off the back of that than anywhere else whilst anchored at Powell.

Brooks Betts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The recent release by Yamaha of the 19 foot Yamaha FSH Center Console fishing boat had me wondering how many would upgrade if Yamaha came out with a 24 foot center console boat (preferably with down riggers).

I would be more inclined to a 21 with dual 1.8 SC engines, but a 24 with dual is maybe a bit more boat than I want, but I would go for it over the 19. I am a whaler owner now, but I am seriously considering getting a Yamaha.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard @Brooks Betts, the supercharged Yamaha engines drink large amounts of fuel. A singled engined 192 (19' supercharged 1.8) gets 2.7 mpg around 30 while most of the twin engined 23' and 24' boats get around 3.5 mpg. Based on this I would not want a twin supercharged boat.

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Bad question for someone who just picked up their 2016 FSH 190. For my crew the 19 works well and 21 would be the max size for combo lake and occasional coastal and bay fishing. Very marginal for venturing offshore too far but I have a neighbor who goes everywhere in his 16 foot CC. For a lake boat in stumpy land it is a great solution for a all around boat - as my friend puts it - a jet ski with cup holders (although not enough of those).

I am in the process of laying out all the extras and on the steep part of the learning curve - thanks to all of the trailblazers here it is a much easier process.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like our 190FSH in every way but I'd like it better if it had a bit more freeboard. For a 19' bay boat, it has a really nice deep V entry that smooths out bay chop and 1-2' seas in the gulf. Any rougher and I don't want to be out in it anyhow. For the money a 24' Yamaha FSH would list for, I'd be more inclined to buy a Mako 234cc if I saw a 24'er in my future.

Brandon Michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 190fsh. I told the dealer when he does hear of them making a bigger center console, I'll be the fist on line to put a deposit on one. Lol that the truth.
I agree! Wish they would do it already, I am trying to hold off buying as we want the 24', 19' would just be too small for us.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree! Wish they would do it already, I am trying to hold off buying as we want the 24', 19' would just be too small for us.
New lineup get introduced in August. Stay tuned here as we will supply details before anyone else.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm - people that fish want at least a 21' for waves. I think we should see a 21/23 with those new efficient TR-1's coming out???? Wow - that would get a lot of attention.