• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 19 Foot Yamaha boats - depth finder / temp

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After doing a lot of research, I'm still a bit up in the air what to do as far as installing a depth finder. It would be great to have a temp reading as well. Fish finder would be a bonus, but not needed. I'd love to hear some opinions about drilling holes in the transom. Holes in a brand new boat? Seems like there has to be a better way? People don't seem to be too worried about it, but wow. What have you all done for your boat?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check out this forum section https://jetboaters.net/forums/electronics-stereo-gps-chartplotter-electrical-etc.82/

Tons of posts with pics and info on what others have done. To get a truly accurate reading you would need to install a transducer outside the hull. Even then some of the temp readings can be off a few degrees on even the best transducers. There are transducers you can install that "shoot through hull", and they are aptly called that, but they won't be as accurate as something mounted outside the hull.

I hear ya about not wanting to drill in a new boat lol. Mine is almost a year old now and today I wouldn't worry about a hole near as much but I remember how I felt when I got mine new too. It will pass over time, especially after you get your first dock rash incident under your belt :D

Last edited:

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a hummingbird helix 5 great for navigation and everything you need for your boat. You can buy a chip that covers multiple states.