• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017-2018 210/212 Storage Compartment Ideas

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have seen quite a few threads on storage ideas for the 240/242 boats where some folks are using clothes hanging racks, shoe racks, shelves, etc to maximize the storage in the port dry storage area. But, the 24' boats have a bigger/different designed storage area. I was wondering what, if anything, has anyone come up with on the 21' boats. There is a bunch of storage on the port and starboard sides and I feel like I could make better use of it but haven't had a ton of great ideas yet.

JetboatMN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a 212 Limited and am working on measuring the port storage area for some mods much like the ones seen in the 24 footers.
I would like to add:
  • Mesh shoe organizer for small pocket storage
  • A shelf
  • Table top and post already fit in the slot at the very back very nicely
  • A garbage, possibly with drop slot through the ceiling of the storage area
I am also interested in better organizing the helm storage, but don’t have any good ideas for that area yet. I feel like it would require protecting the exposed wiring first to make the storage more usable.

I will post pics of any mods I install.

jsawyers33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put in a hanging rack/shelf on the port side of my 2017 AR210. It works really well to hang up all my life vests and wetsuits. Since the storage isn’t as tall as the 24’ boats the legs of the wet suits touch the floor, but it still works well. It also leaves room behind the vest for more items. I keep things that I shouldn’t need often like a tool kit back there. Since I used up the cooler space I had to get a smaller cooler to use behind the helm.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I put in a hanging rack/shelf on the port side of my 2017 AR210. It works really well to hang up all my life vests and wetsuits. Since the storage isn’t as tall as the 24’ boats the legs of the wet suits touch the floor, but it still works well. It also leaves room behind the vest for more items. I keep things that I shouldn’t need often like a tool kit back there. Since I used up the cooler space I had to get a smaller cooler to use behind the helm.
Got any pictures of what you've done?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 212 Limited and am working on measuring the port storage area for some mods much like the ones seen in the 24 footers.
I would like to add:
  • Mesh shoe organizer for small pocket storage
  • A shelf
  • Table top and post already fit in the slot at the very back very nicely
  • A garbage, possibly with drop slot through the ceiling of the storage area
I am also interested in better organizing the helm storage, but don’t have any good ideas for that area yet. I feel like it would require protecting the exposed wiring first to make the storage more usable.

I will post pics of any mods I install.
That is basically what I am wanting to do as well. But, I do put a cooler in the port storage and don't want to lose all the space. I just feel like that area could be better utilized for sure!

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pleaseeee post pictures of these projects so noobs like us can get ideas too. Sounds like great concepts, I am very interested in organizing my storage lockers too! Thank you

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What did you use to mount the boards in there? One of my big concerns is screwing into something on the other side.

jsawyers33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ran stainless drywall anchors from the outside in. If you remove the bow back rest you have access and it hides. On the other side you will see two small screw heads.

JetboatMN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Here is today’s install. Mesh over door shoe organizer to store dock lines and other small items. It’s amazing how much room is freed up with a small mod like this.

Attachments

JetboatMN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Here is the over the door mesh holder:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D9VYQTC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mounted it with 1/2 inch #6 screws with a 1/8 by 1” washer. I drilled a small pilot hole to get started. Make sure you are about in line with the bow backrest to keep the screws hidden.

Older models have plywood backing in some places that is easier to anchor into. I have a 2018 that is all 3/8 molded fiberglass, so you really have to watch the screw placement.

I only mounted at the top so you could swing the holder towards the door and reach the lower sections more easily. If they move too much, I may opt to add a couple of lower mounts.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is something I did in the storage area under the console. It's not genius obviously, but I'm one that doesn't want to drill any holes in the walls. Basically I attached chains to the existing bolts coming from the top and sides by securing the chain with a washer and nut. I have easy access to ropes, bumpers, whatever. Maybe this will help spark some ideas.

Attachments

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is today’s install. Mesh over door shoe organizer to store dock lines and other small items. It’s amazing how much room is freed up with a small mod like this.
That is a great idea..Especially when I have everyone on board and they bring their cellphones and keys..they usuall pile them in the "glove compartment" now each person can have their own "cubby" and it will stay dry.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is the over the door mesh holder:

Amazon.com: MISSLO Over The Door Organizer 24 Large Mesh Shoe Storage Pockets, Black: Kitchen & Dining

I mounted it with 1/2 inch #6 screws with a 1/8 by 1” washer. I drilled a small pilot hole to get started. Make sure you are about in line with the bow backrest to keep the screws hidden.

Older models have plywood backing in some places that is easier to anchor into. I have a 2018 that is all 3/8 molded fiberglass, so you really have to watch the screw placement.

I only mounted at the top so you could swing the holder towards the door and reach the lower sections more easily. If they move too much, I may opt to add a couple of lower mounts.
Thanks gain for the idea...I mounted the smaller one and larger one..
IMG_2148.JPGIMG_2149.JPGIMG_2150.JPGIMG_2151.JPGIMG_2152.JPGIMG_2154.JPGIMG_2148.JPGIMG_2149.JPG

Attachments