• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017-2018 AR/SX Wet Storage Fix

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Over the last summer I started noticing the carpet was getting wet in my rear storage compartments on both sides of the engine. I really started noticing it when we were wakeboarding and wake surfing with the ballast bag on the rear swim deck. After looking at different threads people said it could be 1 of 3 things.

#1 Leaking rub rail
#2 Leaking rear push in cleat
#3 Rear cup holders on the swim deck

After taking the rub rail off the top and bottom seams are completely sealed. The rear cleat although it is low it's never below the water line. So I started looking into the cup holders on the swim deck which often get filled with water and draining into the haul. After removing the cup holder I noticed the water drains into a section that does not drain down into the haul (due to a hump) and then absorbs in the carpet.

Fix:
2 - 3 feet sections of 3/4 hose
2 - 1" clamps

Connect the 3/4" hose on the nipple of the cup holder and route the lines over the hump into the haul and zipped tied at various points to prevent the hose from moving around.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes the cup holders do not have a drain system on the SX and AR boats. The FSH ironically do. I filled mine with silocone and a plug the first time I washed the boat and realized they just dump straight into the storage compartments. I have never had water get high enough to go over the top of the upper swim deck into the cup holders. Y’all must be swamping that thing lol. My upper deck sea deck is always dry while the lower obviously gets soaked. The new 2019+ 19' boats have cups holder drains that dump onto the lower swim platform like the larger boats have. A nice touch for the new owners.

Last edited: